mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Varmint Poontang
    Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:10 pm

I've been stick welding for a while but have never tried with a MIG machine, my question is how difficult should I expect the crossover to be? I'm getting a Millermatic 211 and was just wondering how long my break-in period will be? I will learn to weld with this machine come hell or high water (mostly high water around here) because I've already convinced the wife to let me buy it :D .
texican87
    Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:55 am

your break in period should be 10 minutes welding time.
Varmint Poontang
    Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:10 pm

:D :D Got the MM211 at the house and there's been no looking back! My first bead with it looked as good or better than the best I ever laid down with a stick. This little machine is worth every penny and is still a bargain, even my wife is impressed with the quality of work this sucker spits out. I would recommend this product to anyone who is a home hobby welder that is looking to upgrade to mig or just plain upgrade machines. :D :D
torn7th
    Sun May 30, 2010 12:32 am

Ive got a millermatic 180 and love it. Ofcourse i started like most guys with the stick. I have to say the only thing i hate about MIG is the sparks and annoying crackling and popping. I love the speed of it and not having to stop drop a rod then add a rod. Have fun with your new MIG machine you can do all kinds of projects with it and its fun learning new processes...