mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
flip
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:44 pm

Am a hobbyist and am considering a new Mig. What are your experiences or opinions on inverters in a Mig. Portability is one selling point but not a factor for me. More concerned with a better weld quality and also reliability. Thanks for all suggestions and opinions.
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Tough to beat an old transformer MIG for reliability. Look for an old L-tec or ESAB Migmaster 250 (really nice arc characteristics) also hear the Millermatic 200 is really nice. The other factor is that you need a 50amp power outlet for a 250amp transformer. A 30 amp outlet is fine for the same size inverter.
gamble
    Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:10 pm

I'll take a transformer mig any day over an inverter mig
I'll take an inverter tig any day over a transformer tig
flip
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:44 pm

Thanks guys for the input. Miller has 2 Mig's I was looking at, the MM190 (inverter) and MM211 (transformer). The 211 is a little more $ but not that much. I hear you saying that you would get the 211. Was just wondering about the performance of a Mig with an inverter. Thanks again
    Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

Juwan67 wrote:Dear I don’t want to buy transformer, I love portable honda generator 3000 which I have since last 3 years. It’s really easy to start and best part is that it is fuel efficient.
Huh?
I thought we were talking about the question flip asked. Nothing about generators, (unless you're selling them maybe...) Hmmmm
EWM Phonenix 355 Pulse MIG set mainly for Aluminum, CIGWeld 300Amp AC/DC TIG, TRANSMIG S3C 300 Amp MIG, etc, etc
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Yep, I banned him.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

flip wrote:Thanks guys for the input. Miller has 2 Mig's I was looking at, the MM190 (inverter) and MM211 (transformer). The 211 is a little more $ but not that much. I hear you saying that you would get the 211. Was just wondering about the performance of a Mig with an inverter. Thanks again

What thickness of metal are you going to be welding?
And what types of metal? Steel only?

Do you need a duel voltage machine?
What size breaker to you have?
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024