mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
    Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:17 pm

I'm pretty good with one but I am looking for more tips and tricks about them. I know there finicky beast but when set up correctly they do work. I've welded boats, wheels, and transfer cases
I'm looking to get better and more consistent with one
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

jdf,
I think you'll find that we talk about anything that someone asks questions about. If you have a question you need answers for, throw it out there, somebody here probably has the answer. I know I don't talk about spoolgun welding because I have a total of about 2 feet of experience with it and have nothing useful to offer.

Post pictures of your welds and ask for advice on whatever you're having trouble with and I'm sure you'll get responses.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

I'd say Jonathan would, but not sure of he's used one extensively. I know the gun on that Fronius can do aluminum, but I don't know if he's worth his weight in manure with one.
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

jdf_63077 wrote:I'm pretty good with one but I am looking for more tips and tricks about them. I know there finicky beast but when set up correctly they do work. I've welded boats, wheels, and transfer cases
I'm looking to get better and more consistent with one
jdf_63077,
Welcome to the forum. Tell us a little about yourself and experience in the "Member Intoducion" section when you get a chance.

I have not used a spool gun in around 3 years. I had spool gun on a old Linde that I actually used to make some alum parts for the local Fire Depertment. Worked very well but as you said it was finicky. In a former life we used to make alum parts for a company called Jet Dock. We started with a spool gun and eventually got a push pull. I do remember going through a lot of tips with the spool gun. I never had to adjust it much as it was already dialed in and it was always the same pieces.

You said you are pretty good with one so I have to ask, what specific info are you looking for?

@GreinTime it would not even be close to a fair fight to compare what the Fronius can do verses a spool gun.
-Jonathan
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

That's why I compared you to manure, and not the welder ;)
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-