mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Jake Matthew
    Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Just curious if anyone has ever used one of these? Looks like they might actually make the push pull guns for Miller and Lincoln. This machine looks like it has some nice options. I have a Miller 252 but was interested in leaving this set up for aluminum. Now I've used a 350p before and really do like the pulse option but its a little out of budget right now. I'm at least going to stop by the guys shop and try it out, but I was more curious if anyone has used one of these and what their thoughts were? Looks like the set up was about 6000 new and he's asking 1800 or best.
    Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:16 am

Jake Matthew wrote:Just curious if anyone has ever used one of these? Looks like they might actually make the push pull guns for Miller and Lincoln. This machine looks like it has some nice options. I have a Miller 252 but was interested in leaving this set up for aluminum. Now I've used a 350p before and really do like the pulse option but its a little out of budget right now. I'm at least going to stop by the guys shop and try it out, but I was more curious if anyone has used one of these and what their thoughts were? Looks like the set up was about 6000 new and he's asking 1800 or best.
At my job we use cobramatic push pull guns they work great theyre still a little difficult to get into tight areas but they work and they have them mated with cp 302 power supplies hope this helps we go up to like 3/8" sometimes 1/2" on aluminum wheels for industrial fans.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

A good few years back I used a Cobra push pull at a place that made aluminum truck parts & it welded as nice as I've seen from a mig in that era prior to synergic sets - I'd be careful the power source you intend is compatible as the one I used had wire speed trim on the torch & up / down trim on the voltage all wired in a harness to the power supply - torch was a bit of a handful but did'nt matter for what we did - I'd say it is a great tool for building truck bodies etc where the 25 foot plus cable allowed access without moving the feeder / power source - but I think that for smaller easy access stuff or at a bench the modern synergic inverter machines give better results for the money - not really used either recently & all of these machines have changed in the last few years so it's hard to say what will suit you best - price sounds fair though.