mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Devildog2076
    Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:50 pm

Hi all: Just wondering if anyone else is using this machineg and believes it burns far hotter accodring to its dial and metal thicknesses. I was welding 1/8 inch and was far below that on the temperature dial :?: :?: .
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Devildog2076 wrote:Hi all: Just wondering if anyone else is using this machineg and believes it burns far hotter accodring to its dial and metal thicknesses. I was welding 1/8 inch and was far below that on the temperature dial :?: :?: .

Just weld.
Who cares about settings?
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

AKweldshop wrote:
Devildog2076 wrote:Hi all: Just wondering if anyone else is using this machineg and believes it burns far hotter accodring to its dial and metal thicknesses. I was welding 1/8 inch and was far below that on the temperature dial :?: :?: .

Just weld.
John,
Seriously??????? That's how you answer a post??

Let me show you how to reply and offer a little help, since you clearly have lost your respect for others and have no idea how to help him.

Devildog2076,
I wouldn't worry so much if you feel the machine runs a little hot. I would assume these figures come either from the side panel or the auto set? I think the auto set is great for beginners and to get you close but I would dial it in according to your liking and for a proper weld. I suggest figuring out what amperage/voltage and wire feed speed your given dials are actually at to help you dial in your machine better for a given material thickness.

Also, I would guess this machine might run a little different running on 120v and 220v so I would check the settings between both.

Here is the beginning of the series Jody did on MIG welding basics. Included is how to figure out your wire feed speed and amperage.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5KrwmK7df-s
-Jonathan

I just feel people worry to much about the settings, and not the welds.

Do it how you like.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

AKweldshop wrote:I just feel people worry to much about the settings, and not the welds.

Do it how you like.
How do you think we get said welds? Settings maybe? :shock:
-Jonathan

Superiorwelding wrote:
AKweldshop wrote:I just feel people worry to much about the settings, and not the welds.

Do it how you like.
How do you think we get said welds?
-Jonathan

By welding :D :D

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

I tried welding 14ga.steel with .045 wire at 29.5 V and it didn't work...I don't know whats wrong with that crazy welding machine, I guess I need to take it in for repairs. Jethro's welding machine and dildo repair is gonna do the work!
Last edited by exnailpounder on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

exnailpounder wrote:I tried welding 14ga. steel with 200 amps and 400 fps...it didn't work...I don't know whats wrong with that crazy welding machine ;)
There is your problem, you were not moving fast enough :lol:
-Jonathan
exnailpounder

You caught me mid-edit there Jonathan.

:lol: 400 feet per second, can you imagine that? That my friend is welding!
-Jonathan
exnailpounder

Oh yeah...that would be more like a flame thrower than a welder. Gosh I need to quit drinking ;)
Devildog2076
    Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:50 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:
AKweldshop wrote:

Just weld.
John,
Seriously??????? That's how you answer a post??

Let me show you how to reply and offer a little help, since you clearly have lost your respect for others and have no idea how to help him.

Devildog2076,
I wouldn't worry so much if you feel the machine runs a little hot. I would assume these figures come either from the side panel or the auto set? I think the auto set is great for beginners and to get you close but I would dial it in according to your liking and for a proper weld. I suggest figuring out what amperage/voltage and wire feed speed your given dials are actually at to help you dial in your machine better for a given material thickness.

Also, I would guess this machine might run a little different running on 120v and 220v so I would check the settings between both.

Here is the beginning of the series Jody did on MIG welding basics. Included is how to figure out your wire feed speed and amperage.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5KrwmK7df-s
-Jonathan
Thank you foro your help. The other response makes you want to delete this forum from your favorites bar. I believe in helping each other even if they are beginer or stupid questions. Thanks again!!!
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Glad you got to see our normal side. Some times members have off days, but 99.9% of the time, we are on our best behaviour.

Ok, maybe I came across rather harsh, but really, this is a rather unnecessary question.....

Settings on your chart are always a starting point, and will always vary, depending on how you weld,
(rate of speed and/or gun manipulation), and the different joint configurations and/or metal thickness'(s).....

I was saying you need to quit worrying about what your settings are, and focus and what the puddle needs.

Be one with the puddle, friend, ;)

IMO, and I'm sticking to it....
~John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024