mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
    Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:38 pm

I'm in the process of trying to tig and mig off my trailblazer 275 so I'm not hauling three different machines with me when I'm out on the road. I got the tig all figured out and moving on.
I scored a Lincoln LN-7 Code 9168 from a friend who knows absolutely nothing about it so I'm trying to figure it out. The owner's manual tells me little next to nothing of what wires do what. It shows them being hooked up to various Lincoln models but refers to numbers rather than the specific function of the wire.

What I have are six wires off the LN-7 control cable as follows. They have eyes crimped on the ends and imagine the numbers match something on an older Lincoln power source. Saw a date on the drive motor 1987.
21 orange
2 black
31 red
32 white
4 blue
G green

I need to know the functions of these wires and what pins they would connect to on a miller 14 pin socket. It would also work if someone could give me the lettered pin designations from the six pin socket on the back of the LN-7 where these wires are connected to. Whatever works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS Jack
    Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:38 pm

I'll answer my own question now that I've got it figured out, just in case anyone else is looking for the information. There was a wiring diagram of the LN-7 in the owners manual, and tracing the control wires I came across symbols that identified the circuits a little better.

WIRE PIN JOB to MILLER PIN JOB
31 D 115 vac ------ Miller I 115 protected
32 C 115 vac ------ Miller G circuit common for 24 and 115 vac
21 F work -------not used unless you've got gauges on your LN-7
2 B contactor .......Miller B contactor
4 A contactor -------Miller A contactor
G E ground ----------Miller K Chassis Common

If you have a machine without a 115 Vac circuit, you could just run those two wires into a wall socket. I saw numerous posts about that during my search for information. I also used that to test the LN-7 feed motor before getting too involved with wiring it to my machine.

I don't know how many years this thing sat for but everything seems to work better than I expected. Welds real nice. Of course I went through everything beforehand cleaning it up, changing out the O-rings, replacing the tube off the gas solenoid ......

Now that it's a done deal, and I see how much work it is swapping everything around, tanks, regulators, hoses, it's probably easier just pulling my carted Millermatic 211 onto my trailer and plugging it into the trailblazer generator like I've been doing.