mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

My dad used to say "the anvil will outlast the hammer"

Cheers
Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
AKmud
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

AKweldshop wrote:I really don't get it, guys.

I call a guy out for spreading false information in MY thread, 3 times showing conclusive evidence to support my claims.

He gets his all slanderous and degrading knowing that he's been proven wrong.
I can't even speak the truth without being insulted.

Oh well.
image.jpg
Stop "Calling guys out"....

Your approach is brash and insulting. Simply provide information without slamming the other person. It's really not hard to prove your point tactfully without insulting anyone. Everyone operates off the information they personally have. They also respond similarly to how they have been dealt with. Treat others with dignity and respect instead of "calling them out". A bit of humility goes a long way (especially if you happen to be right).

When I was in college I majored in Broadcast Communications. As part of the curriculum, I had to take several classes in Argumentation and Debate. One of the main tenets that was stressed in every class was "debate the issue and not the man". In other words, keep the discussion confined to the subject matter at hand, and don't sink to personal attacks on your opponent. I try to apply that to my daily conversations as well, and it makes for a much more civil environment.

LDB
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
taz
    Mon May 26, 2014 12:43 pm

AKmud wrote:
AKweldshop wrote:I really don't get it, guys.

I call a guy out for spreading false information in MY thread, 3 times showing conclusive evidence to support my claims.

He gets his all slanderous and degrading knowing that he's been proven wrong.
I can't even speak the truth without being insulted.

Oh well.
image.jpg
Stop "Calling guys out"....

Your approach is brash and insulting. Simply provide information without slamming the other person. It's really not hard to prove your point tactfully without insulting anyone. Everyone operates off the information they personally have. They also respond similarly to how they have been dealt with. Treat others with dignity and respect instead of "calling them out". A bit of humility goes a long way (especially if you happen to be right).
In this particular case I do not think it was AKweldshop that started with the personal attacks. His initial reply was mostly restricted to facts.

BTW Speedglas 9100 series have the best ADF of all I have tried (and I have tried a lot)

taz wrote: In this particular case I do not think it was AKweldshop that started with the personal attacks. His initial reply was mostly restricted to facts.
Agreed.

LDB
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

I'm noticing a contagion that's slowly creeping into our midst from another forum. When I see a less than cordial or outright demeaning response to a question or statement here that I can go to this other forum and find someone by the same screen name there being condescending also. I guess it's not enough to be negative in just one forum, they have to try and spread it around to every forum they frequent.

In the words of my Grandpap, "If you have the shits, please stay in one place." We like our little corner of the world to be a place where anybody can come and feel welcome and not have to constantly watch where they step.

If you have something negative to say, please start a thread on the other forum where you'll get plenty of other negative responses to make you feel better about being the best and brighest amongst us. We all know that you guys are better welders than us and we're ok with that and when we finally know everything we'll sign up over there.

Len
Last edited by Braehill on Thu May 14, 2015 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

taz wrote:

In this particular case I do not think it was AKweldshop that started with the personal attacks. His initial reply was mostly restricted to facts.

BTW Speedglas 9100 series have the best ADF of all I have tried (and I have tried a lot)
Thanks Taz,

Several months ago, when i sold my plasma cutter, the guy that came to look at it and test it, brought his speedglass 9100 with him, to use it while he did some quick plasma cutting.

I asked him about it, and he said he bought it in 2004.

So he's been using it heavily for 10 years.

He said it's the best, most reliable helmet he's used.

I'm really temped to buy the 9100v for $246.....http://www.bakersgas.com/NAS711-06-0100-10SW.html
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

One tip, save more, and buy the biggest lens you can. I think its an x or xx. The small ones are quite small, (duh) no bigger than an old school flip front.

motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

lets talk welding and leave the name calling and hair pulling
to the Dr Phil crowd.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil

angus wrote:well, I would have to defer to the hard copy. there are several out there like this. in fact I buy a lot from IOC and had looked at this unit just recently.

http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com/t ... HwodPkcA_g

http://www.weldersupply.com/P/605/Fabri ... tWFREESHIP
If you actually look at these links that angus posted, one says it will hold a 12" spool, and the other has a picture of a 12" spool installed.

I don't know who the drama queen was here.... :?

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

This will be the last warning to drop this subject.
-Jonathan
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I sent angus a PM questioning his attitude.

His reply was corrosive, to be kind.

He will not be abusing us further.

Steve

Well, Mick, Eldon, Taz, I finally got to try a Speedglas welding helmet. 2 of them to be exact.
A 9100x, and 9002x.

I bought that Invertec 300 you see there, and used the helmets to burn a few rods.

I ABSOLUTLY HATED THEM!!!!!!

I wouldn't give $5 for one.

My honest and unbiased opinion. (I do not work for Fibre-Metal)

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

At least you can speak from experience now. Haha.

Although your lenses look awfully dirty
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

John,
I think you need to give them another go with new lens'. That does not look like it was a good demo of the helmets. I like mine and would buy again.
-Jonathan

weldin mike 27 wrote:Although your lenses look awfully dirty
They weren't that dirty.

I just hate green shade.

IMO

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Fair enough. Most Australians went from a fixed glass lens that is green to a speedglas so the green isn't an issue. Other colour glass isn't common here,
taz
    Mon May 26, 2014 12:43 pm

Fair enough. Me on the other hand do not like the amber colour of the arcone for example.
I have tried every colour possible including the white-blue of the original gold athermal passive lenses and still prefer the speedglas.