mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Jake Matthew
    Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Hey guys, curious if anyone knows if you can run an xtreme 12vs off of an cst 280? Cst 280 is basically an inverter stick welder with a very plain jane tig function. I'm just curious because the cst is way more portable than an xmt is. Xmt does have a function for cc/cv and a vs option, but im guessing the cst is just basically a cc machine and the amps would have to be controlled from it instead of the feeder. I get the basic principle but don't know a lot about the circuitry

Thanks, Jake
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Jake Matthew wrote:Hey guys, curious if anyone knows if you can run an xtreme 12vs off of an cst 280? Cst 280 is basically an inverter stick welder with a very plain jane tig function. I'm just curious because the cst is way more portable than an xmt is. Xmt does have a function for cc/cv and a vs option, but im guessing the cst is just basically a cc machine and the amps would have to be controlled from it instead of the feeder. I get the basic principle but don't know a lot about the circuitry

Thanks, Jake
What wire are you planning to run, on what material?
Self shielded flux core runs great on your cst 280.
Mig and duelshield not very good.
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Jake Matthew
    Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Most likely just be mild steel, .035-.045 wire. I was just considering the cst 280 as a power source because it's easily portable. What makes it different from running on that as opposed to an xmt with a vs option?