mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
STEVON
    Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:49 pm

I recently purchased an Infinity Super MIG 160. Do you think it is a good buy for a weekend home user hobbyist? Has anybody ever heard of this Chinese off brand? wrote this review on Amazon:
"Infinity Super MIG 160 Purchased on eBay for $350 Great welder, for amateur or home user (not industrial by any means). Infinitely adjustable heat or current control not listed in the ad, definitely a great feature. Quality argon regulator, cart is tinny but adequate. Put MIG on lower deck and modified shelf for TIG on top. modified base with angle iron for two medium argon bottles. Wire feed drive is die cast and solid, looks like plastic in ad, has a "rapid" wire feed button to quickly load MIG wire. Ground lead cable is too short, longer torch cable would have been nice as well! Arc is nice and steady along with wire feed. Gas shutoff delay stays on a second after after weld trigger stop. IGBT power makes nice welds on sheet metal. I would say 1/4 steel plate is the max thickness this welder can do effectively. Not a bad buy for 3 and half bills!"
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, STEVON,

Based on your review, it sounds like a good choice for the home hobbyist. Extending the ground cable is a non-issue, and you can improve grounding to the part at the same time.

Single-roller wire feeds with only one roller grooved are the norm in these lower end machines, and you'll not likely be able to upgrade to a longer torch lead without shelling out some money for a Teflon or Delrin liner.

Time will tell, as far as reliability and durability, but I agree, for 350 you did all right.

Steve S