mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Ah - I see - yes there is usually a small recess in the diffuser for the liner - we normally make sure it's seated & cut the liners so there is around 1/4" > 3/8" stickout at the connector end then screw on the cap compressing it slightly so it stays put over time with torch hose flex - probably time to research a better torch I guess - what's up with a common cheap " Binzel " ? they're everywhere & usually not badly priced plus everyone keeps consumables.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

It's the only fault I know of with a Bernard Q gun. They are like the energiser bunny of migging.

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

That style of connector is called a Direct Plug Connector and is common in Europe, as noted already. There are 5 major styles of connections, Direct Plug (or called the Euro Plug), Hobart/Tweco, Lincoln (long connector plug), Miller and Lincoln 10 (short connector plug). I have a few Abicor Binzel guns with the Direct Plug and have an adaptor kit to Lincoln 10 to work on my Lincoln 350MP's. The different connector styles boil down to proprietary ends so you have to purchase their guns only. Personally I like the Direct Plug as if industry here in the states all used it then we could choose whatever gun we wanted without worry.
-Jonathan
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

In the U.S. is commonly called a Euro connector. Actually I had a Lincoln SP250 that used a 4pin Euro plug. Extra 2 pins were for the jog/program switch on the torch handle.