mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Glowzinski
    Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:08 pm

Alright, I am new to welding. I am thinking of taking a class on it, sometime this year. I have a cheap stick welder. I want a good one. I want a stick, mig and tig welder. My dad used to have a Miller. He died in 03 and I have no clue what happened to the thing. I saw these Bobcat 250 (Kohler), GFCI. This one seems as if it can do everything I would ever need. All but for aluminum welding. Then I saw Syncrowave 250 DX 200/230/460 V. This one would let me do aluminum, as well as some other stuff. BUT, they are expensive as hell. I thought, say I saved for the Bobcat, then got a cheaper one for aluminum stuff. So, I just joined this site and thought I would ask actual welders what they thought. Is the Bobcat 250 any good? How about the other one? What are some others that compare to these two?
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

We really need to know what you intend to use the machines for any what type of stuff you will be welding to make a recommendation.

Sent from mobile. Not responsible for Typos
Glowzinski

I would use it for everything I could. I like the art thing. You know, designing something, then making it. Also, if ever anyone needed something fixed, I could bust out ye ol welder and fix it up.
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

Buy a used Syncrowave and don't pay more than $1500-2000 for it. You will be quite happy
Multimatic 255
Glowzinski

Cool. Any ideas on a good place to get a used one? I live in Maryland. Right around a Roberts Oxygen. Not sure if they have them there or not. Also, thank you for the price tip. Very helpful stuff.
soutthpaw

Glowzinski wrote:Cool. Any ideas on a good place to get a used one? I live in Maryland. Right around a Roberts Oxygen. Not sure if they have them there or not. Also, thank you for the price tip. Very helpful stuff.
Louis paid $450 for his Syncrowave, so deals are out there. I bought a few Miller 330AMP machines complete for between 200-500 bucks.
soutthpaw

Glowzinski wrote:Cool. Any ideas on a good place to get a used one? I live in Maryland. Right around a Roberts Oxygen. Not sure if they have them there or not. Also, thank you for the price tip. Very helpful stuff.
Louis paid $450 for his Syncrowave, so deals are out there. I bought a few Miller 330ABP machines complete for between 200-500 bucks.
Glowzinski

Whoa, really? I know, I'll sick my mom on it. haha She can find anything.
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Also look for the Miller 330 abp in a different color - they made my Airco 300 (my avatar).

Paid $225 for it. 900 lbs of 1963 awesome :)
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

Craigslist is a good place to start. Be willing to search in a 125 mile radius or more.
Multimatic 255