mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Flyboy718
    Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:26 pm

I have this Easy MIG 100 that was given to me. I think it is missing some sort of tip, how would I go about getting that missing piece? Thanks from a newbie!
Attachments
20160205_183404.jpg
20160205_183404.jpg (89.47 KiB) Viewed 829 times
20160205_183446.jpg
20160205_183446.jpg (71.08 KiB) Viewed 829 times
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Your missing the gas nozzle, you can measure the diameter of where it slips on...might be able to use a Hobart nozzle your local Lowes, TSC or Tractor supply stocks. I also believe that model is sold at Harbor Freight.

The small tips the wire comes through is a contact tip, these are sized to the wire you are using...Id pick up a pack of those as well....
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

If that's a flux core only model (no shielding gas) it will weld as is.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Flyboy718

MinnesotaDave wrote:If that's a flux core only model (no shielding gas) it will weld as is.
How can I find out if its flux core only?

Going to measur dianeter tomorrow and see if I can match up
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

If its flux only it wont have any gas related parts in it, (hoses fitting or a regulator)
Flyboy718

I think its flux only because I dont see any indication that it has or needs any gas parts. Do I just plug it in and try to weld?
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I like to take a little time cleaning up a used machine first thing. Unpowered you can open it up a bit and blow out the cob webs and dust. I also take apart the gun and consumables, and clean the feed wheels for the wire. If you don't have a manual it should be easy to get one online.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

MinnesotaDave wrote:If that's a flux core only model (no shielding gas) it will weld as is.
Yep, it will but, the tip is hot all the time on those HF welders so get a gas nozzle from Harbor freight
so you don't arc out every time you put the gun down. :shock: :o
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

rake wrote:
Yep, it will but, the tip is hot all the time on those HF welders so get a gas nozzle from Harbor freight
Ah, that helps explain the crazy low price - no contactor.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

rake wrote:
and that's why I suggested it..lol :mrgreen:
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
Flyboy718

http://www.amazon.com/Chicago-Electric- ... uctDetails

Does this fit my welder? I measured my end and it looks to be 9mm if I am measuring the right thing.
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

For flux core all you need is something like this, http://m.homedepot.com/p/Lincoln-Electr ... /100341068 just insulates the contact tip.
Flyboy718

Thanks guys going to go to Home Depot and get a tip tomorrow and we will try to get this machine up and running! Any recommendations on some practice metal I can pick up at Home Depot?
sedanman

There's no guarantee the nozzle from Home Depot will fit but it's worth a shot.
Flyboy718

sedanman wrote:There's no guarantee the nozzle from Home Depot will fit but it's worth a shot.
Is it possible to make it fit or is that not a good idea?
sedanman

See if it fits. Possibly bring the welder to your local weldi g supply and see what they have.