mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

Interesting read.
I always knew that Monkeys Were Blue.......
http://www.designnews.com/author.asp?se ... _id=275312
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Never had any problems with my fusion 220 gun, and still on orginal tip.
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
jeffBrian
    Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:36 am

I was recently looking for a slightly better gun for my 211 than the m100 that it came with. I researched several brands and I remember looking at this gun. i am glad I read this article. I ended up buying the weldmark by tweco original 150 with 10' whip. I am not sure if the gun is going to be what I wanted. I bought it for running light to medium duty work with .035 dualshield wire. after I received the gun it became apparent that for what I needed to weld that the supplied m100 would do the work just as well.
...I remember any time I ran a bead in overhead position. . getting Slag caught down in the nozzle was always a possibility. if the amount that is falling away is excessive then some adjustments should probably be made to wfs and voltage or gas flow etc... excessive spatter is always usually a sign the parameters are off imo
micheals60
    Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:45 am

i'd like to know with a miller deltaweld,what is the best setting....wire,and heat, to get less spatter.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

micheals60 wrote:i'd like to know with a miller deltaweld,what is the best setting....wire,and heat, to get less spatter.
Here's a rule of thumb, knowing nothing about your situation as you've told us nothing...

Lots of heavy hard to remove spatter indicates too much wire speed for the voltage, or, conversely, inadequate voltage for the wire speed.

Steve S