mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

I have a Lincoln SG 100 MAGNUM spoolgun. This works pretty well with my Lincoln 180 amp mig welder. Is there any possible way to make an extension for it? I would like to have more than 10 ft. of power lead.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

rahtreelimbs wrote:I have a Lincoln SG 100 MAGNUM spoolgun. This works pretty well with my Lincoln 180 amp mig welder. Is there any possible way to make an extension for it? I would like to have more than 10 ft. of power lead.
It's basically electrical power and gas flow. Only way I can see is machining a male fitting identical to the one it has, and also a female one that mimics the one inside the machine to transfer the power/gas from the MIG into a copper cable and transport the gas down a small hose.
rahtreelimbs

Oscar wrote:
rahtreelimbs wrote:I have a Lincoln SG 100 MAGNUM spoolgun. This works pretty well with my Lincoln 180 amp mig welder. Is there any possible way to make an extension for it? I would like to have more than 10 ft. of power lead.
It's basically electrical power and gas flow. Only way I can see is machining a male fitting identical to the one it has, and also a female one that mimics the one inside the machine to transfer the power/gas from the MIG into a copper cable and transport the gas down a small hose.
That is my plan.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

rahtreelimbs wrote:
Oscar wrote:
That is my plan.
Betcha I beat you to it. :ugeek:
rahtreelimbs

Finally......just built one. I had a whip from a Lincoln mig welder. I took it and soldered a barb for gas transfer and tapped and plugged the end that the liner gets anchored. The other end I machined a female connector out of brass. I did the same soldered barb. Both ends have a #1 welding cable soldered in also. I had some 5 conductor cable from tig foot pedals laying around and soldered that in for the control cable. Tried it tonight and works great. I need now to get a 25 ft. Tig cable cover for it. Total length is 27 ft. Pics next post.
Last edited by rahtreelimbs on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rahtreelimbs

Image Image Image Image