It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:27 pm Advanced search

My shop's hiring... Slidell, LA

Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?

My shop's hiring... Slidell, LA

Postby Otto Nobedder » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:37 pm

Bringing it back to the top, because we still need more people! Message me for the contact information.

I cut and pasted something I posted previously, but we're hiring again, and likely more than one:

There is now a job available in Slidell.

The company is Elite Cryogenics, and is where I work.

The most basic requirements are TIG on SS pipe, and MIG on carbon/stainless structure, and mechanical aptitude.
Additional skills that will make a standout candidate include pipefitting, fabrication, instrument fitting, and electrical. Not all (or any) are required, but each is a plus.

Steve
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Re: My shop's hiring... Slidell, LA

Postby Olivero » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:12 pm

After seeing the type of work your doing, if I was in LA, I might just consider it :D
if there's a welder, there's a way
Olivero
Ace

Postby Otto Nobedder » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:38 am

Olivero wrote:After seeing the type of work your doing, if I was in LA, I might just consider it :D

We're still trying to hire, so if you know someone in my area... Three no-shows in a row for a weld test... Must be padding that unemployment. That's sad, since unemployment here is a weak check.

Steve S
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Postby Ryan_82 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:01 pm

What kind of weld test is it Otto?
Ryan_82

Postby Otto Nobedder » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:50 pm

Ryan_82 wrote:What kind of weld test is it Otto?

It's a pretty simple "Does he know what he's doing?" test, judged visually. There's a MIG coupon, welding a 1" stub of 2" scd, 10 pipe to a plate, inside and out. There's a simple Tee joint, 1/4", TIG, and a 1 1/2" TIG pipe weld, scd. 10, roll-out OK. All material is 304 SS.

If you can set the machine, do a decent root and cap, demonstrate you understand back-purge, and prep your coupons yourself, it's all good. We will work with and develop welders with these basic skills.

Keep in mind, this is not a welding-only job.

Steve S
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Postby Otto Nobedder » Thu May 11, 2017 7:04 pm

STILL hiring. We're up to 17 now, starting with five last year. Too damn busy to keep up, but "busy" is a good problem to have.

We're flush with mechanics, so mostly looking for another welder (Mechanical skills still a plus, as we're not a production shop and there are times with no welding to do). Personally, I want someone who can pass x-ray on a 2" sch. 40 304SS pipe in 6G, so I'm not the only code welder here.

Steve
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Postby djrockytharp » Sun May 14, 2017 3:16 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:STILL hiring. We're up to 17 now, starting with five last year. Too damn busy to keep up, but "busy" is a good problem to have.

We're flush with mechanics, so mostly looking for another welder (Mechanical skills still a plus, as we're not a production shop and there are times with no welding to do). Personally, I want someone who can pass x-ray on a 2" sch. 40 304SS pipe in 6G, so I'm not the only code welder here.

Steve

Hey man I have around 6 years of tig and mig experience. and about 4 with stick and 2 with flux. We weld mostly 308 or 316 16 and 11 guage sheet with some carbon c channel I weld with mig. I have welded stainless, carbon, aluminum, inconel, hastealloy x, and have experience with fabrication equipment, forklifts, overhead cranes, and I am mechanically inclined. I don't have a tong of pipe experience but I am a quick learner and I'm confident I could pass a 6g pipe test with little practice. Let me know if you would like to see my resume. I'm looking to get into pipe and broaden my skill set.
djrockytharp

Postby Otto Nobedder » Sun May 14, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi, Rocky,

16 and 11 ga. puts you right in the thick of much of the TIG work we have. Even the pipe is mostly sch. 5 and 10. Aluminum TIG is a plus, also!

The 6g isn't required, though it's good to have as a goal. It's just something on my personal wish list. The pipe weld test allows roll-out, and is visual only. More of a basic skills assessment than any actual weld test I've ever taken. I replied to your PM.

Steve
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Postby Otto Nobedder » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:35 pm

Bump...
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Return to Welding Jobs - Industrial Welding Jobs - Pipe Welding Jobs - Tig Welding Jobs