Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Bringing it back to the top, because we still need more people! Message me for the contact information.

I cut and pasted something I posted previously, but we're hiring again, and likely more than one:

There is now a job available in Slidell.

The company is Elite Cryogenics, and is where I work.

The most basic requirements are TIG on SS pipe, and MIG on carbon/stainless structure, and mechanical aptitude.
Additional skills that will make a standout candidate include pipefitting, fabrication, instrument fitting, and electrical. Not all (or any) are required, but each is a plus.

Steve
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

After seeing the type of work your doing, if I was in LA, I might just consider it :D
if there's a welder, there's a way

Olivero wrote:After seeing the type of work your doing, if I was in LA, I might just consider it :D
We're still trying to hire, so if you know someone in my area... Three no-shows in a row for a weld test... Must be padding that unemployment. That's sad, since unemployment here is a weak check.

Steve S
    Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:36 am

What kind of weld test is it Otto?

Ryan_82 wrote:What kind of weld test is it Otto?
It's a pretty simple "Does he know what he's doing?" test, judged visually. There's a MIG coupon, welding a 1" stub of 2" scd, 10 pipe to a plate, inside and out. There's a simple Tee joint, 1/4", TIG, and a 1 1/2" TIG pipe weld, scd. 10, roll-out OK. All material is 304 SS.

If you can set the machine, do a decent root and cap, demonstrate you understand back-purge, and prep your coupons yourself, it's all good. We will work with and develop welders with these basic skills.

Keep in mind, this is not a welding-only job.

Steve S

STILL hiring. We're up to 17 now, starting with five last year. Too damn busy to keep up, but "busy" is a good problem to have.

We're flush with mechanics, so mostly looking for another welder (Mechanical skills still a plus, as we're not a production shop and there are times with no welding to do). Personally, I want someone who can pass x-ray on a 2" sch. 40 304SS pipe in 6G, so I'm not the only code welder here.

Steve
    Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:53 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:STILL hiring. We're up to 17 now, starting with five last year. Too damn busy to keep up, but "busy" is a good problem to have.

We're flush with mechanics, so mostly looking for another welder (Mechanical skills still a plus, as we're not a production shop and there are times with no welding to do). Personally, I want someone who can pass x-ray on a 2" sch. 40 304SS pipe in 6G, so I'm not the only code welder here.

Steve

Hey man I have around 6 years of tig and mig experience. and about 4 with stick and 2 with flux. We weld mostly 308 or 316 16 and 11 guage sheet with some carbon c channel I weld with mig. I have welded stainless, carbon, aluminum, inconel, hastealloy x, and have experience with fabrication equipment, forklifts, overhead cranes, and I am mechanically inclined. I don't have a tong of pipe experience but I am a quick learner and I'm confident I could pass a 6g pipe test with little practice. Let me know if you would like to see my resume. I'm looking to get into pipe and broaden my skill set.

Hi, Rocky,

16 and 11 ga. puts you right in the thick of much of the TIG work we have. Even the pipe is mostly sch. 5 and 10. Aluminum TIG is a plus, also!

The 6g isn't required, though it's good to have as a goal. It's just something on my personal wish list. The pipe weld test allows roll-out, and is visual only. More of a basic skills assessment than any actual weld test I've ever taken. I replied to your PM.

Steve

Bump...