Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
BreakPads?
    Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Thanks fellas I've been TIG welding aluminum the past couple days for the experience, and that has been fun
03ramit1
    Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:01 pm

breakpads, if you looking for a welding program look into arizona automotive institute. thats wehre i am going to school for combo welding. i just started the course a few weeks ago, but bassically its a 10 month program and they cover MIG, TIG, Stick, Flux core. let me know if you have any questions about the school.
BreakPads?

well guys ive made it to phoenix, and we're slightly settled, so im gonna start working towards getting into the union, and meanwhile im gonna look for work around the area. so if anybody has any friends and family that would let me walk in and take a weld test, let me know.
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

You ever go down to the hall and talk to an organizer?
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
BreakPads?

have not got the opportnity to yet, but what do I need to do and ask when I'm there?
BreakPads?

Alright Steve I gotta go to a local college and take three exams for placement on their waiting list, and to make sure I'm mentally capable haha. Then I have a wait before I can get in. I have to get 100 hours on the job training, and then i start my apprenticeship program. So that's definitely cool, so I'm going to start working on some simple algebra and adding and subtracting feet and inches to freshen up, and hope to do well on their exam and get placed. I guess there's 200 people on the list so I have to score high
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Ya dont mess around on that test. I would highly suggest practicing your fractions, and converting architectural measurements to engineering measurements. i.e. going from feet and inchs to decimals. I think fractions is by far the biggest thing on those tests.

The test I took didnt have any serious algebra or anything on it, but some geometry/basic trig wouldnt hurt ya. Brush up on your areas and perimeters, as well as your area/volume of cylinders(tanks), cubes, and cones/triangles.

And ya, theres 200 plus people and usually they only take the top 10-20, depending on how much work they project they have comin up. Fuck back in the day we would have 2 classes of 30 apprentices each, each semester. Now there down to 1 20 man class per semester.

Oh, a piece of advice-you'll more than likely have an interview as part of your application too. If they ask you why you want to be in the apprenticeship, dont tell em cause of the money. My friend did that and they threw his ass out made him wait 6 more months :) Be prepared for it though, its usually the training coordiantor and 2 other guys. Dont syke yourself out but dont go in there naked either. Its a pretty big part of the process.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?