Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Any instrument hands out there? I got an oppurtunity to take my instrumentation level 1 class to become an instrument fitter...only thing is is its 8 months long :p Im pretty sure im gonna take it, just wonderin if anyone has any experience with instruments (recently) and would care to tell me how great it is/crappy it is.

I've got one bud thats done instruments and he says if I got my level 1/level 2 cert I'd never be out of work. HAH! thats what they said about "insert my 2 pages of certifications here"
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
rmallen01
    Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:13 am

getting the cert for level 1/2 is great, now that you have spent a year or 2 getting certified go practice tig welding 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch stainless line, forget everything they teach in the course because the superintendent and on site enginner will change everything on the job at least 3 times... remeber this phrase/bend, cut, fit, weld and repeat. thats all you will be doing. as too staying busy with instrumentation, not so much. welders that stay busy are the ones who can do anything and everything on any given job, the ones who focus only on pipe or cetain types of pipe or instrummentaion only are the guys and girls who are looking for a job as soon as there particular area of the job is complete. my advise is to learn and become proficient at all processes and be willing to fab and weld in all areas of the job.... this has kept me employed and money in my pocket and i learned alot of things from doin everything anywhere at anytime....