Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
StephanusThie
    Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:55 am

:oops: :oops:
Hi Guys, I'm a nub, wanna learn to repair weld alum boat. Never do this before.

Would you please share your experience in repair weld alum boat??? All I wanna know is what is your equipment, the settings, what's the commonly material the boat made of, what is the suitable wire/rod, how you clean the material to be weld, commonlu thickness, and so on. I know this will take much of your time but I do appriciate you who will share willingly.

I'm sorry can't give any data since this is new for me and I wanna hear and learn from all of you.

Thank you.
Stephanus Thie.
Miller Syncrowave 250 DX
Hypertherm Powermax65
ELDERWELDER
    Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:09 pm

I DO A LOT OF THIS WORK,all over South Tex.Aluminum boats are very difficult,as they are made most commonly of very thin gauge material.All of my repair work is done with stick aluminum,but I wouldn't recommend this process for anyone who is not familiar with it.Your best bet would be to get set up with a gas metal arc welding process,but be sure the machine you use is capable of running aluminum.

s
allessence
    Sat May 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Mig welding is almost a have to. If you were to try and tig weld it all together you would be there for an awfully long time.
rickythomas
    Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:55 am

Alum boat weld with rods made of aluminum, you can get the basic material required for the process from any local dealer, it will be a new task as i am also not familiar with the process much, you can take advice from experience welders out here.