Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

As the title says. I'm not a representative of the union but I'm a member and if we cant fill the work we lose the work so I think its in mine and every other union members best interests to try and get these jobs filled.

Theres lots of work for pipe welders (not sure about structural/boilers) over here. Intel is the big job, but there are a couple hospitols, a new power house, and several turnarounds goin on over here. Their putting welders to work as soon as they get here if they can pass the weld test, usually its a 6g 2 inch super coupon, stick,tig, or tig root/stick fill/cap.

Pay is around 33-35 an hour, depending on the industrial or commercial scale. Again, this is with the union, so if your not a member you'll have to do your initiation and what not.

PM me if you want the contact info, or look up U.A. local 469 and call the hall.

Good luck.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
Ultralow787
    Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:30 pm

Good on you for posting this! It could really help some folks out.
Perfection is impossible, but if you strive for perfection, excellence is obtainable!

1983 Canox "Sparkler" 225 AC Stick Welder
Hobart 210 MVP MIG Welder
Harris "Spitfire" Oxy-Acetylene Set
Metalman0153
    Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:42 am

Hey Kerm This Is Breakpads? new name, cant remember my shit haha. im enrolled in a local college down here for their welding program, i actually got called to work on the intel fab, but i dont have a 6g cert, so they didnt want shit to do with me. im still looking for a testing center down here, and looking at trying to get into the union.

-Kyle
Slickrock Armor
    Wed May 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Try to stay away from Imcor! The district supervisor that runs the plant where they make the mobile data centers is a major DICK on a Powetrip. On the brighter side the welding supervisors are pretty cool!