Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

The company I work for, WesMor Cryogenic Companies, Inc, has recently opened a facility in Ohio.

Their main focus is the maintenence, repair, and rehabilitation of "atmospheric" cryogenic trailers, meaning liquid nitrogen, oxygen, and argon, primarily, as well as carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide, and possibly a few others.

What they have, at present, is a shop-full of trailer mechanics.

What they really need are people with experience fitting and welding aluminum pipe and structure (TIG and MIG), welding 304 SS pipe, silver brazing, valve rebuilds, and centrifugal pump repair/rebuild. There is also some instrument fitting.

Lack of cryogenic-specific knowledge is not a deal-breaker, if you have any of the listed skills.

The website is http://wesmor.com/index.html , but the "careers" page is down at the time of this posting. The "contact us" page has the numbers, etc. for the headquarters in LaPorte, TX. You can also call the shop I'm in, @985-649-0581, and ask for Don.

Steve S
nickn372
    Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:35 am

Where in Ohio?
Be the monkey....

Damn. I meant to ask that, today. I knew at one time, but had no intention of going there, sooo...

I'll write myself a note, and put it in my lunch-bucket, right now!

As I recall it's near Canton, as that's the local satellite airport our bigwigs fly in and out of.

Steve S
nickn372

Wow kewl. Thats like 30 mins up I-77 for me. Would they be interested in any contractors or is it all in house? I have a portable business and don't particularly wanna give it up but I'm always looking for networking opportunities and place I can fill in for people.
Be the monkey....

I don't know.

I didn't get into the nuts-and-bolts, as I didn't expect to go there except maybe to help with startup.

I will tell you, OFF THE RECORD, that their primary client was not impressed during their qualification review.

I'll see if I can get some direct-contact info, where you can negotiate.

Steve S
nickn372

I will learn what I need to if they are interested in having somebody like me they can call. But like I said I am set up fully portable at least for now and I won't give that up for a shop job... no offense.
Be the monkey....

No offense taken.

As I said, I wouldn't go there... I like what I do a great deal. Most of my work is T&M, and there is NO "hurry up". I'm allowed the time to do it right.

The job would be ideal for someone with school or experience in aluminum welding and a few years getting disgusted with production welding.

Steve S
nickn372

To be fair if you want to pass this along I did some work for a company in Akron that was crooked as can be. Beware that alot of businesses in the North Canton and Akron areas operate this way. Some go as far as bankrupting their own business and starting up a new one in a week to avoid paying a bill or two. Needless to say I took it you know where and was out a bunch of money. So beware.
Be the monkey....

Turns out the facility is in Port Washington.

The company is headquartered in La Port, TX, and has been operating for many years. I work in their Slidell, LA facility, and have been treated more than fairly. The primary client they are marketing the OH facility for (and was encouraged by) is on the fortune 100, and is the same client I do the Liquid Hydrogen work for.

I would expect all payroll, AP, and AR will be handled from the LaPorte office for the OH facility, as well.

Since Don is in Houston this week, I still don't have direct contact information, but the main office should be willing to give it to you. I don't have those #s handy, but they're on the "contact" tab on the website in my first post.

If they aren't interested in contracting help, keep it in mind for any qualified hands you run into looking for work.

Steve S
nickn372

Thanks Steve. Port Washington is actually pretty close to me so maybe I'll want to be in touch a lil bit just in case. No rush on your end though. I am just trying to plant lots of seeds and develop and grow whatever I can so I can build a nice little business and feed my family.
Be the monkey....