Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
joeyz91
    Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi guys. I'm Joey. I am moving back to Florida after being away for 5yrs. Was wounding is there in the area from Daytona beach to Orlando or Melbourne. I have a 3g and 4 g unlimited arc welding cert and 10 hr osha class with experience in the field and shops.

Joseph Zimmerman

48 Joan ave

Centereach, New York, 11720, United States

631 512 6499

Professional Experience

daytre family farms, Hauppauge, New York, United States.

Shop Help/ tech May 2010 - April 2012
•Service trucks by lubing , changing oil , all filters. repair broken or damaged equipment by welding ,replacing, or rebuilding .

universal heavy equipment and truck repair, Ronkonkoma, New York, United States.

service tech July 2012 - December 2012
•service semi trucks and equipment light mechanic work tune ups fuel pumps brakes
•service trucks /equipment Road calls jump starts , coolant problems and other Class c mechanic

Trobilt, Lake Ronkonkoma, New York, United States.

Iron Worker Apprentice January 2013 - April 2013
•Lay decking , Stuff bolts/ snap bolts , drill set anchors bolts, weld connections, help with Crain rigging .

Education

Centereach High School, Centereach, New York, United States.

High School Diploma, Jun 2011

Wilson tech boces, dix hills, New York, United States.

Sep 2011-Dec 2012
•Technical welding classes stick , oxy fuel cutting and welding , tig , fabrication / Mig

Additional Skills
•. Heavy equipment operator . certified welder 3g and 4g unlimited arc welding . 10hr osha class .torch cutting and metal prep .welding tech and procedures .organizational skills .multi tasking

.safety set up and break down cylinders . I have Mig ,stic,and some tig experience . I'm good with my hands and know how to turn a wrench.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome!

Lots of work in Florida, though I don't know about Daytona, in particular. Many jobs there offer a per diem if your home is 60 or so miles from the job, though.

First place to look is
www.drywallforida.com
It's not just drywall, obviously, nor just florida.

Here's another:
http://constructionworkers.us/super.php
Put "weld" or whatever in "what" (add "per diem" if you're willing to travel to, say, Cocoa, and stay in a motel during the work week). The "Where" should be pretty obvious, but "Florida" and "FL" may give different results.

I can throw a few more, but they're more for dedicated "travelers".

Steve S
joeyz91

thanks a lot . The help means a lot to be. I am just ore scared of moving back don south and blowing throw the money I save and have to move back.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I understand.

That constuctionworkers.us site is a great crawler... Hits indeed.com, jobspyder, monster, etc., and most of the local papers.

Good luck!

Steve S
joeyz91

thanks