Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
tigwelder302
    Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:22 pm

oh don't worry bout the comments before I'm not easily offened and South Carolina right below NC state line
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Ah...

Near Georgetown, then? Did a shutdown at Santee Cooper Wynyah station. Horrible job. Or farther from the coast?

I'll check the boards, and see if I can recommend something near you. Don't hold your breath, though... ;)

Steve S
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

tigwelder302 wrote:yeah well I have my own welder and the only thing I need to work on to really get in to Carolina energy is my stick im having a just a little undercut when u come up from the overhead to vertical on 5g and 6g if I can get that down I'll be good I don't know if anybody knows this but their paying big money 29 to 37 a hour for pipe welders but the they have to pass a written safety test, written welding test, a pipe fitting test, and two 2 inch carbon steel pipe test one tig all the way out the other tig root 7018 all the way out that's what required for the pipe welder job they also have 6 inch sch 80 limited space test one 5g one 2g it hard I saw it its a metal box u have to weld with a mirrior on the floor pretty much and even if I or someone else goin in didnt pass all the test but they have a good attitude and pass the safety test they said they would put me on as a welder helper makin 20 to 23 a hour so its good money both ways
i wish you lots of luck in what ever welding field you're going into but 29-37 dollars an hour is not what i would call big bucks.
tigwelder302
    Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:22 pm

well its more along the lines of getting into it if im not cut out for im pretty sure I could do structural stick or tig on anything and still make good money or decent money but idk ill settle for anything now that buys me pipe to practice on