Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
Lurp7
    Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Hey guys, I've been a long time lurker and first time poster. I really enjoy this forum and have got a lot of great information from it.

I am currently a student at Hobart Institute of Welding Technology and will be graduating at the end of August with a 9 month structural and pipe welding certificate. I'm in the process of looking for a job and am very interested in pipe fitting. I have worked in Arizona previously and would love to return, hence why I'm interested in joining up with the Phoenix Pipefitters. The problem I've recently had has been trying to get in contact with them as I had a couple of question I wanted to ask that are not addressed on their website. I've called a few times and left messages, but have not gotten any return phone calls. If anyone could help me answer a few of the questions below I would really appreciate it or give me some information on how to get in touch with them.

-Are they currently accepting apprentices?
-How long is the wait to get in if they're accepting apprentices?
-I have a college degree in biology and will soon graduate from Hobart, if I were accepted into the apprentice program where would I start (what year apprentice)?
-How much work do they have right now? Is their a lot going on or is it pretty slow out there?

Any additional information that you think would be helpful in regards to this matter would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Lurp7,

There's a member here familiar with AZ union work. I'll have to dig in the archives, as I don't remember who. Or be patient, and he'll turn up. I remember an in-depth discussion, but not the context.

Welcome aboard!

Steve S
Lurp7
    Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Thanks for the welcoming.

I think this is the thread you were referring too as it has a lot of good information about the topic.

http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... f=7&t=1467

I just wasn't sure if he was still an active member or not. Figured if he is still around he would stop by. Thanks for the help.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

That's it, exactly.

I haven't heard from Kermdawg in a while. I'll try to rouse him.

Steve S