Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Aleksi86 wrote:No harm done jwmacawful.. So i tell you bottom of this. Here where i pass my sertifigations. A welding school teacher was fired for incompetent teaching. And some other mistakes (drinking i think) So here in 30,000 people town with 20 metal shops the news speared bretty soon. And some forment students needed to come back to school to show them knowledge about welding. One shop had called the school and asked that they have a student working who has got hes certifications from that school and doesent know anything. So the place reputation is now bretty low (this is a year now). And my certifications is performed at same place but only a difrent teacher.. Do you get the point what i mean?? Shops in near by may not appreciation that school certifications.. But I try think something maybe i will ask one old welder to recomend me there if i need to.. Just that I know i can weld more then some shell frames.. Like that Turbo I fixed, not everyone can fix them(i think) yap but lets see how this goes..
hey alexsi;
don't think your all alone there. we got the same problems here. their called diploma mills. meanwhile we cant fill a few $100,000.00 plus base pay welding jobs cause the applicants can't pass the background/dope screen. wtf?!
Aleksi86
    Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:15 am

Yap that was good advice maylbe i do it. Yeas thats not nice when you are likely underestimated because of that school reputation. But im clad that i wasnt at that class what was calld back to schooll. But least i know i can show them my welding skills if i need to.. thanks... :)
Aleksi86

hey alexsi;
don't think your all alone there. we got the same problems here. their called diploma mills. meanwhile we cant fill a few $100,000.00 plus base pay welding jobs cause the applicants can't pass the background/dope screen. wtf?!

jwmacawful
Guide

Thats a shame i can imagine how angry il get if the pay was good and a challenging work what you coul be broud of. And then you wont get the premission to work.. By the way how did you become so good welding that you can work nuclear power plant?? How much welding years did you have when you get the first hi pay job (nuce work) Is there any other things what improved your skills then welding??
jwmacawful

Aleksi86 wrote:hey alexsi;

jwmacawful
Guide

Thats a shame i can imagine how angry il get if the pay was good and a challenging work what you coul be broud of. And then you wont get the premission to work.. By the way how did you become so good welding that you can work nuclear power plant?? How much welding years did you have when you get the first hi pay job (nuce work) Is there any other things what improved your skills then welding??
when i was starting out i made sure i was working alongside older more experienced welders and made a pest of myself asking a million dumb questions. i also read everything i could get my hands on about welding, ironwork and fabrication and went to school at nite after work to learn how to make blueprints (the best way to learn how to read them) now i am that old grouchy welder and i try to pass the little that i learned over the years to the younger, less experienced guys that are asking me those same dumb questions. but seriously, i like helping them out even though i would never tell them.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

jwmacawful wrote: ...i like helping them out even though i would never tell them.
I knew there was a reason I liked you, grumpy or not.

Steve S
jwmacawful

Otto Nobedder wrote:
jwmacawful wrote: ...i like helping them out even though i would never tell them.
I knew there was a reason I liked you, grumpy or not.

Steve S
ha! thanx steve.
jwmacawful

and btw alexsi, it's a prison not a nuke plant.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

If you're the one trying to make deliveries, I think they're one in the same. I used to deliver to nuclear plants and they were a serious pain to get in and out of. Prison is alot easier to get into, just don't pay your taxes.

Len
Last edited by Braehill on Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
Aleksi86

Re: Work sample???

Postby jwmacawful » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:45 pm
and btw alexsi, it's a prison not a nuke plant

I can imagine (or actually i cant never been even near nukes) how precise ewerything is there.. But darm i would be broud if my working papers would have report that i worked on nuke.. Because i think you must have some serious welding skills.. One job while ago here i looked was welding Duplex about 110mm or 4 inch thick wow :shock: If i readed it right it was TIG all the way can it bee? It was Oil slick where the work was done in Norway... Gues the determination and practise pays some where when my skills grow.. Id been welding a year in school (2.5y at my own time) and learn so much more what i know before going school. Have pass Stick overhead T-joint at latest. I have hmm 7 certifications now T-joints and plate-pipe weldings. Ican thorw some pictures if youd like to see- or say something about them? I like all so to talk someones whos knowledge is more about the welding and dosent shake hes head only if i ask about something? This has helped me so much because you cant (at least in here) ask so many guestons or have the teachers time so much..