Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

i was perusing another un-named forum this am and came across a post for a pipe-fitter job through ameri-force paying the princely sum of 13 bucks an hour. i thought things were taking a slow turn for the better in this country but i gotta think again. i'll wager ameri-scam is taking at least another 13 bucks an hour as it's finder fee/commision.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

You'd be wrong.

Ameri-FARCE is likely charging the customer $65/hr for that $13 hand.

Any per-diem?

Doesn't matter... $13 hand at 7/12s is getting screwed. OT is $19.50, still less than a fitter's worth.

And companies wonder why quality has gone down... :cry:

Steve S
jwmacawful

Otto Nobedder wrote:You'd be wrong.

Ameri-FARCE is likely charging the customer $65/hr for that $13 hand.

Any per-diem?

Doesn't matter... $13 hand at 7/12s is getting screwed. OT is $19.50, still less than a fitter's worth.

And companies wonder why quality has gone down... :cry:

Steve S
how would i be wrong when i said they were taking AT LEAST 13 BUCKS?? anyway i understand that very same company made way over 400 mil last year. you don't have to be a math whizz or g.t. university mba to figure how they done did it!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Okay, okay, Got me on the technicality... You did say, "at least" $13.

I reacted as I did, because I saw the inside of that kind of operation rather close up. I found I was being billed at $65 while paid 24. I saw where the profit went. I was not impressed.

Steve S
jwmacawful

Otto Nobedder wrote:Okay, okay, Got me on the technicality... You did say, "at least" $13.

I reacted as I did, because I saw the inside of that kind of operation rather close up. I found I was being billed at $65 while paid 24. I saw where the profit went. I was not impressed.

Steve S
steve, are you wearing your beer glasses tonite??
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

we get billed at $200/ h and payed 32....Thats overheads for ya.

Mick
jwmacawful

weldin mike 27 wrote:we get billed at $200/ h and payed 32....Thats overheads for ya.

Mick
i'm in the wrong end of this business. the real money isn't behind the shield but behind the welder and he's doing more than picking your pocket!! lol