Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
GG47
  • GG47

Howdy-
I'm a new grad from a local tech college, grabbed two welding diplomas, welding maint fab as well as pipe welding. I'm on the fast track to hitting the field and making great money. Was involved with the Corp IT world building high end business web servers, till my job ended up in a 3rd world country after 13 loyal years. Anyway, have zero interest in any of that going forward. Joined a local tech college for welding because I wanted to do something I enjoy, is cool, and gratifying. Did some research on job demand given the market these days. Welding was a huge hitter that I was more than willing to get involved with, believe it or not... haha. We're a different breed all together and love it!! I just wanna have opp to work an bust ass, have an end result of my hard work and make great money. What they say about this market is true!! So don't listen to anyone that tells you different !! Get Going !!!

Now I have seen other chats on here commenting to employers requesting years of experience. Many ask why? I can tell you exactly why. The folks in charge of posting adds on job search engines are HR people. HR is a necessary negative of a company to protect them from being sued in a nut shell. They don't have the slightest idea of fusing two pieces of "that shiny stuff" together, they really don't do much at all to be honest, yet deem the title Human Resources. They do not possess the ideology of what it takes to be a welder by any means. Therefore they are absolutely unable to "think outside the box". They are data driven brain washed people who don't have a clue as to what the companies needs are exactly regarding welding. Which 100% creates the aspect of who you know rather then what you know, stamped EOE. All they know is it's dirty and icky, and I'm not kidding. My advice to all applicants, DO NOT Avoid Posting To A Position On That Basis !!!! For your own sake plz !! Apply !! Apply !! Apply !! Regardless !!

I started off welding with Oxy fuel, basic mig, stick, an tig. Had 16 assignments and a chance for a test cert, which hell ya I went for, and passed. Skipped "Advanced welding" which is Aluminum, which I have zero interest in. Jumped right to pipe welding which if you ask me is where the money is. Unless your happy making 12/hr, which is a dollar more then making my supreme taco value meal in drive through, Pass....!!

Diploma's were 15-16 classes, roughly 32 credits. Had straight A's across the board which consisted of welding, Math/Writing (joke), blue print reading, and safety course.

I must give Jodi a personal thank you for 80% of my success, no if, ands, or buts... about it. Found Jodi's videos and "He" provided the knowledge as to technique, how's, and why's....... I can honestly say I am forever indebted to him and support him 100%.

Had a letter in the mail 3 days ago offering me $33/hr + $120 per diem two hours from home,,, zero experience..

I'LL TAKE THAT THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!
GG47
Last edited by GG47 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GG47
  • GG47

Here's the Pudding Proof, 6G 2"XXH, 4 side bends.
Attachments
6G.jpg (36.26 KiB) Viewed 1340 times
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Nice work, you deserve it..... :)
John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024