Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
ksmrf
    Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:18 pm

I work full time. I have tues. and wed. off. I can work from 1600-2400 on the days i work my other job. Tues. and wed. i can work 12's or whatever. Hard worker and a veteran. cash jobs welcome too.

Surely someone had a position that is a little flexible
you aint gotta eat it
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

You might want to add your location to your post. It's hard to offer you work if they have no idea where in the world you are, this isn't a local job board, people are posting here from all over the world.

Put some leg work in around your area and let some people see your face a few times. It's harder to deny somebody work in a face to face encounter than it is to just skip over a post on a forum or a reply to a job openng. People still like to see you put in a little effort when you're looking for work. Find a shop that looks like it's busy and walk in and let them know you could use a job and are willing to do whatever they have available if need be.

When I had my own company I never hired anybody who just filled out an application at the unemployment office because it was manditory to collect. If they showed up to check out the job and were qualified, they usually got at least a chance to prove themself worthy of my investment in hiring them. It cost money to hire somebody and train them.

Now days being a college grad or a veteran doesn't make you an automatic standout. The guy who keeps showing up looking for work does standout though, it shows determination on your part. Now get out there and pester some people.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

And dont call me shirly....
ksmrf

Maybe I should splain myself. When I said I was a veteran I was just saying I am a military minded. After I read your reply I thought mine sounded wrong and needed fixing. I did not mean that to come across as I was using my military service to play on emotions.
That's not how I am. Yes I served and I loved it.
Sorry
anyway I was just wondering if anybody in the Tulsa area needed a hand.
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
you aint gotta eat it
ksmrf

Well
at least somebody got the Shirley part

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
you aint gotta eat it
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

I would think you should be able to find work in the oil field service in your area, a lot going on there. I know the company I work for just built a new plant in Mooreland, OK to supply the well srvice work in that general area so there must be quite a bit of drilling going on there. Pipe welders should also be in demand if there's drilling going on.

I wasn't slamming you for using your veteran statis, just saying that there are a lot of veterans out there looking for work right now. Now if you're lazy and unqualified and you're using it to try and get work you don't deserve, then I have a problem with that. That gives the veterans that deserve a job a bad rap with the hiring companies. It doesn't sound like you're that way though.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Im normally a bit slow when it comes to that stuff, but thats a classic. A good way to end a fight with the missus ( or start one) if she knows the movie. "Surely you didnt get in at 3am" "Dont call me Shirly"

Mick