Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
smc1118
    Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:13 am

Hello all I am almost done with school was wondering what websites or agencies you guys recommend to post a resume or advice on getting work thank you all
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

If you're looking for "traveller" work, with OT and per diem, I suggest http://www.roadtechs.com, and have a look at the "hot projects" area of this forum: http://www.industrialprojectsreport.com/forum/forum.php

Be aware it's hard to break in to this kind of work fresh out of school, unless you know someone...

If you're look for local work, http://www.indeed.com is a good resource. Use the keyword search, with "weld", for example, in the keyword, and use the cities/towns near you in the "where" box.

Good luck.

Steve S
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

If you're looking to stay local to New Castle I still say your best bet to make good money right now is to get on with a crew building pipelines. You can go to almost any Sheetz station at 6am and find 2-6 weld trucks get their morning coffee and donuts. Ask them if they need help and tell them your willing to start as a fitter or general hand.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Braehill wrote:If you're looking to stay local to New Castle I still say your best bet to make good money right now is to get on with a crew building pipelines. You can go to almost any Sheetz station at 6am and find 2-6 weld trucks get their morning coffee and donuts. Ask them if they need help and tell them your willing to start as a fitter or general hand.

Len
......and if pipeline is not in your future, make a effort to visit all the local shops or factories where welding and fabrication are needed. I prefer the potential employee to make a valid effort showing up to a facility over a resume sent in or quickly dropped off. The potential employer will be more apt to spend a few minutes talking to you (if you get to talk to the correct person for hiring) and that meeting will give a more personable touch.
One thing I do not care for is having someone else retrieve a application for you and just dropping it off. There is no personalization to that method at all. Just my 2 cents.
-Jonathan
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

What industry are you looking to be in? Honestly right out of school be willing to be flexible, and take something to get experience. For the most part pay will come with experience.
smc1118
    Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:13 am

I wanted the pipe line work but every company I've talked to just I guess not willing so now I am trying other places like fab shops I had a talk with some in school about my resume there is a 4 year gap because I had a health issue when I use to live in nj so I got put on disability but I got that taken care but I think this is the reason I'm having an issue finding work because of this gap
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

smc1118 wrote:I wanted the pipe line work but every company I've talked to just I guess not willing so now I am trying other places like fab shops I had a talk with some in school about my resume there is a 4 year gap because I had a health issue when I use to live in nj so I got put on disability but I got that taken care but I think this is the reason I'm having an issue finding work because of this gap

A gap that large in time is going to be tough to get passed for anyone, especially done one just finishing school. What is your previous experience?