Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
BurninRod
    Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:08 pm

hey guys i'm gettin ready to buy a new welding helmet and i'd really appreciate some input.
My last helmet was an Astro. i think the model is ansi z87, not sure
its always been a good helmet but no1 around here sells the correct size of cover lense for it so i have to trim the edges every time i want to put a new lense on and they only last about a week because i'm doing a lot of overhead and they quickly get burnt up.
So i'm just curious as to what helmets you guys would suggest for around 200$ price range. hopefully one with the built in safety goggle feature or w/e it's called so i can just slide the shaded lense up and do my grinding.
and also don't want one that is gonna have any battery trouble and no on/off BS.
thx guys
rickbreezy
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:08 pm

check out the metalman helmet at northerntool. its the shiznit.

but i recently discovered it doesnt holdup well to the rain.

at 100 bucks retail, its really great! and it has a grind mode tat really cant be beat except by miller hoods.
BurninRod

hey guys got sick of waitin for a reply so i sucked it up and bought a miller elite for 350 bones. Spent an extra 7 on a magnifying glass just for shits n giggles.
holy waffletwats guys this helmet is the shit n a half i cant believe how much better it is than my old one. I can see SO much better, bigger field of view better nonshaded light even shaded it seems to let me see my edges better. the magnifying glass is a kick too, sure zooms you in on the action.
i'd give it an A+, i never knew what i was missin until i got one of these sick puppies.
anthonyfawley
    Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Wich one did you get? I got the Inferno and yes it is the shit
Rugar
    Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:40 pm

I use a Elite Joker. Best hood Ive ever used.
Millermatic 251
Spectrum 300 Plasma
Everlast PowerTig 250EX
Everlast PowerCool W300
Harris/Victor OA
Craftsman 13 Speed Drill Press
ProTools Air/Hydraulic Bender
48" Brake
Compressor, Notchers, Grinders, etc.
BurninRod

i got the inferno too. pretty sweet shit for a welding helmet. love this thing, it makes my old helmet laughable.
Tsharp
    Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:12 pm

I like my hood. Jackson eqc journeyman auto dark it's one tough sucker
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

I've got the Elite, a Jackson and a HomeDepot Lincoln. The Elite is setup for TIG, the Jackson for MIG/Stick and the Lincoln is for vistors that insist on watching. :o
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
Sarge

I have the Jackson Halo X Red Flame, with the Boss Electronics Huge field of vision! Love it! Light weight and comfortable.
Be Innovative.
Goal is perfection, but excellence is Acceptable.
Powermig 255C
Powermig 350MP x2
175 squarewave
Weld-pac 100
Hypertherm 600
Hypertherm 1250
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

i think the model is ansi z87, not sure
ansi z87 is the lense rating/standard for impact/shatter resistance. For instance, on a job site all safety glasses have to be ansi z87 rated or they can write ya up. Just thought you'd like to know what that meant :)
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?