Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
Tsharp
    Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:12 pm

How do you get a job weldin on the pipelines. Also what kind of welder do they use mostly on pipelines. I've heard people talk about the Lincoln sa-200 but I would just like to hear from you guys. Any advice would be helpfully too thanks
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Dont know what kind of machines they use. The UA just got a pipeline from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico, cant remember the specifics on it. I can post a followup if your interested. But if your lookin for pipeline jobs, you should definately check out the UA. Our pipeliners have their own local out of Tulsa, OK, but they do work all over North America, from Alaska to the Gulf. Also, Alaska is suppose to be building a natural gas pipeline, right next to the oil pipeline from Prudhoe bay to Anchorage.

Heres the link to the Pipeliners local-http://www.local798.org/
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
maddog
    Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:03 am

If you want to pipeline you pretty much have to go union.798 is the most well known but if you contact them about joining, they'll send you an app. and then it is a loooooooooooooong waiting game.The Ua. does have other outfits that pipeline. Local 142 in San Antonio has pipeliners and they are burning the line from Canada to Galveston.I've heard from reliable sources,(themselves),that they still need about 2,500 more pipeliners for this line.If you don't really know how to weld, the UA, does have a great apprenticeship program that will pay you as you work, and we aren't talking cheesy shop pay from owners who are taking advantage of the recession by paying low pay to experienced welders. To give you an example of these worms, I was just offered the same amount of pay for a job,that I made 15 years ago. Go union, get paid for your experience, be proud of who you are.
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

This is so true. There is a recycling yard opening up here in town and their looking for a welder. 4g overhead stick unlimited test, 12 bucks an hour. Oh ya, there hiring laborers and scale masters FOR THE SAME PAY. So the same jack off sittin on his butt lookin at the scale numbers or the guy that dont speak english pushin a broom gets the same pay as a skilled tradesman. WTF??

I mean hell i make 15 bucks an hour on unemjoyment, and I got a year of that left. Wheres the motivation to take one of these jobs? 12 bucks an hour, I made that when I first started out in the trades.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?