Whos hiring and where, pay, hours, Certification tests given, tig, mig, stick?
buttermilk
    Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:13 pm

I just got laid off from a papermill shutdown. Need to know who is hiring.
anyone out there got any info on welding jobs. and if you do, what is the welding test required? (if you know)
milwiron
    Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:58 am

buttermilk wrote:I just got laid off from a papermill shutdown. Need to know who is hiring.
anyone out there got any info on welding jobs. and if you do, what is the welding test required? (if you know)
There's shipyard called National Maintenance and Repair in Hartford, IL. They do towboat repairs for line boats on the Mississippi.
They’re almost always looking for welders, the welding test is fairly easy.
Down on the docks it’s 99% stick work.
I was a machinist there for a couple for years, it’s rough work. Most new welders don’t last more than a couple of days.
Each winter I helped peel a few welders off the dry dock decks who got frozen in a puddle while laying their backs welding a low area on a hull. At the time I was there the outdoor temperature limits for welders were 100F in the summer and 10F in the winter... no limits for machinists. But it’s work.
JAL1639
    Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:37 pm

Zachry is hiring in Reisel, TX for a power plant. Also, have seen online a need in Texas City for BP.
War Eagle!
Art
  • Art
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:40 pm

You can go online to a site called http://www.roadtechs.com. Go to the section trades and click on welders. Most of the jobs on there will tell you the kind of tests the company wants. Good luck.