What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Jonnie Fraz
    Thu May 01, 2014 7:41 pm

Well boys and girls I picked up a surplus table from a friends company and re-purposed it as my new welding table. Once I got it in the shop and got the legs cut down for a guy my size, the boss wanted to add another 8 feet to it. It is 21' by 7'-6". Legs are 4"x4" with 1" threaded adjusters because my floor is no where close to level. Support structure is 2"x4" and the top is only 3/16" plate. Most of the stuff I build is pretty big, but light weight.
Enjoy
AKmud
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

Nice looking table. I'd keep an eye out for some thicker top material though, you know there will be "that one day" when you need to do something that will mess that 3/16" up... ;)
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Very nice table, my friend!!
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Sweet table!

Perfect size for handrail, bannistrades, and custom fencing and gates.

Steve S
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

AKmud wrote:Nice looking table. I'd keep an eye out for some thicker top material though, you know there will be "that one day" when you need to do something that will mess that 3/16" up... ;)
I think 3/16" would be fine for the top as long as it had plenty of support underneath it.

Not to sidetrack or anything, but have you thought about welding some unistrut on that sucker, and making it kinda like a stronghand table? I would think it would be nice to be able to bolt down a unistrut grid onto your table, and be able to have stronghand-like tools that would slide in and lock down to the unistrut. It would make jigging and clamping a million times easier, and you could unbolt the thing and toss it in the corner if you didn't need it for a particular project.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

I like that. I once worked at a place that had a 48"x240" table I used for handrail, was very nice. We spent quite a bit of time getting it as flat as we could.
-Jonathan
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Very nice welding table.
    Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:55 am

Your lucky to have a very spacious shop for that " little welding table " LOL ! :lol:

Yup sure is a very very nice work bench but my only concern is the 3/16" thickness of the table top, that will easily be prone to warping during continuous welding. Perhaps you could add more support underneath that plate.
Jonnie Fraz
    Thu May 01, 2014 7:41 pm

Thanks guys. I will snap a pic of the leveling feet tomorrow. The 3/16" top bugged me at first, but most of what I do will not require me to put a ton of heat on it. I have got approval to go heavier if I want to, just feeling it out right now.
Fabrication side of the shop is 5000 sqft, but sometimes it feels pretty small with all the stuff in there. I am looking at getting some of the build pro fixture products, but comes out of my pocket. :shock: I love the products, but they can get a little spendy.