What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
ImLow78
    Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Smoker/wood grill built from 3/16" plate.

Shannon
Last edited by ImLow78 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImLow78

Aerospace laydown nitrous bottle mount converter to a stand up bar clamp system.

Fogger Install on a 17* SBC manifold and a bbc big duke intake.

Roll around tool cart.

Shannon
ImLow78

Stand alone fuel enrichment system to bolt in factory mounting hole under the hood of a 80's malibu. And nitrous install

Shannon
    Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 am

Nice. [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
ImLow78

Now for some big stuff.

Pipe beveling by hand

Running air shaft.

Paying the tax man.

Shannon
ImLow78

Metal target stand. Made five for a local CCW instructor that was a vet.

*only photo* sorry guys.

Shannon
    Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

Very Nice

Some really excellent TIG work included...
EWM Phonenix 355 Pulse MIG set mainly for Aluminum, CIGWeld 300Amp AC/DC TIG, TRANSMIG S3C 300 Amp MIG, etc, etc
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

I like!!! I have been wanting a peg board stand like that ever since I saw Local Motors using them. Very economical if your shop is kept clean and you want to clean your tools periodically.
Maybe I could plumb some laughing gas to my wife's G6 :lol:
-Jonathan
ImLow78

Superiorwelding wrote:I like!!! I have been wanting a peg board stand like that ever since I saw Local Motors using them. Very economical if your shop is kept clean and you want to clean your tools periodically.
Maybe I could plumb some laughing gas to my wife's G6 :lol:
-Jonathan

I know a guy that might be able to help you out. :lol:

Thanks guys.

Shannon
ImLow78

Quick addition of some stuff today.

Belt roller assemble for the coal mines. 1/4" plate welded with 1/16" dual shield.

I could not get the spatter out of the machine and think I was having a ground issue rather than heat or wire speed.

Putting 1/4" end caps on w8 beams with .035 wire.

(Inside corners)

(Outside corners)

Shannon
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

Most excellent variety of projects and skill sets. Thanks for sharing.
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Good looking work and a wide variety. Good to see another hot rodder. Sadly, I am currently hod rod-less :-(
Would love to hear about yours.
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
ImLow78

xwrench wrote:Good looking work and a wide variety. Good to see another hot rodder. Sadly, I am currently hod rod-less :-(
Would love to hear about yours.
I still have a lot of parts and pieces of our old racing program but at this time no car. Being new to welding I'm trying to devote most of my time to my craft. Once I get settled in I'll be lookin for a 63-65 Chevy II to start building a little stock suspension 275 drag radial deal.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I try and throw some more photos of my work.

Shannon
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

I had '67 Firebird 400 with a spooled diff and I rebuilt the engine myself but was young and dumb and ignored the advice of the old timers who told me to go with a low end torque build. Went with a mid to high end cam which the Pontiac engines didn't like. It'd go like a stabbed rat but after about 1000 miles would stretch the big end of the rods out of round and start knocking. After the 3rd $3000.00 ish engine build, I could take it no more and sold it to a coworker. A week later he doubled his money on it. Live and learn I guess. :lol:
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
ImLow78

It's been a little while since I've posted. I finally got my dream job and here are some new shots.

New equipment

Some stainless Tig work on some 12ga

Some stainless Tig work on some 16ga. This piece was tacked with a mig and I couldn't make the Tig beads blend too good with such a large tack.

Shannon
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

You just put the Miller guy's kid through his first year in college. I'm jealous and now I need a cold shower. :) I wish I had a shop that size to work in more than I wish I had all that shiny blue equipment.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

Shannon

That certainly looks like a dream job too. You realize you're making a lot of folk very jealous ( ;) )

Trev
EWM Phonenix 355 Pulse MIG set mainly for Aluminum, CIGWeld 300Amp AC/DC TIG, TRANSMIG S3C 300 Amp MIG, etc, etc
ImLow78

Guys thanks, I've worked my @ss off to achieve a job like this where I could hone my skills to art.

Shannon
Captainbeaky
    Fri May 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Yes - some nice kit there.

I know what you mean - it's taken me 20 years working in my industry ( electronics systems) to get my dream job at Rolls-Royce aero engines - it's been a lot of hard work, but I now get to play with some cool projects.

That welding is really nice too - I've only just bought my R-Tech 161, and I'm learning TIG from nothing - I have a long road ahead...
ImLow78

Captainbeaky wrote:Yes - some nice kit there.

I know what you mean - it's taken me 20 years working in my industry ( electronics systems) to get my dream job at Rolls-Royce aero engines - it's been a lot of hard work, but I now get to play with some cool projects.

That welding is really nice too - I've only just bought my R-Tech 161, and I'm learning TIG from nothing - I have a long road ahead...
Tig is s whole diffrent animal. When I went into my first interview (at my new place of employment) the HR lady told me they had been looking for four months for a guy that had expirence with the dynasty machine and mig pulse. (Granted I hadn't used a dynasty much but I had used one)

When I got the job and I started welding with it I really ended up finding out that there are way more things you can do with this matching then I was privy to. So much that I have a note book I keep in my tool box that I make notes on what my results were when I start messing with the infante amount of setting on it.

I've mostly ran a syncrowave 250 and that machine welded nice but let's face it, comparing a syncrowave to a dynasty is like compairing Yugo to a ZR1 Vett. A Yugo will get you from A to B and drive a long time but the Vett will also get you from A to B in style. LoL

It's one bad mofo!

Shannon
Captainbeaky
    Fri May 29, 2015 6:00 pm

ImLow78 wrote:

Tig is s whole diffrent animal. When I went into my first interview (at my new place of employment) the HR lady told me they had been looking for four months for a guy that had expirence with the dynasty machine and mig pulse. (Granted I hadn't used a dynasty much but I had used one)

When I got the job and I started welding with it I really ended up finding out that there are way more things you can do with this matching then I was privy to. So much that I have a note book I keep in my tool box that I make notes on what my results were when I start messing with the infante amount of setting on it.

I've mostly ran a syncrowave 250 and that machine welded nice but let's face it, comparing a syncrowave to a dynasty is like compairing Yugo to a ZR1 Vett. A Yugo will get you from A to B and drive a long time but the Vett will also get you from A to B in style. LoL

It's one bad mofo!

Shannon
I'll learn to drive the Yugo first. I wouldn't do the Vette any justice.....!
ImLow78

Captainbeaky wrote:
ImLow78 wrote:

It's one bad mofo!

Shannon
I'll learn to drive the Yugo first. I wouldn't do the Vette any justice.....!
I'm one of those "jump in head first" type people. LoL

Shannon
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

I've welded a lot of stuff with my 250 Yugo but
than again I'm old and in not hurry...lol
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
ImLow78

Green for the money and gold for the honey!

A little more Tig work on some 16ga stainless.

Shannon
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

nice looking welds
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil