What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:42 pm

this is the second i made, very super low cost spindle made from laser cut steel tig welded, three indipendent jaw for welding light things. The gear reducer is take from an old 12v door opener, very low speed :P ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Inviato dal mio U FEEL utilizzando Tapatalk
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Nice job
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Looks pretty darn nice. Only one question- is it your laser cutter or someone else's? I want to get one someday if I have the money just to say I have one. That seems like it would be fun.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Farmwelding wrote:Looks pretty darn nice. Only one question- is it your laser cutter or someone else's? I want to get one someday if I have the money just to say I have one. That seems like it would be fun.
Unfortunatly these machines are very expensive, the one who did this job is a professional laser cutter of a friend that have a Lightweight carpentry, it costs about $ 500,000, extremely accurate, with 3000X5000mm cutting area but the laser cutted pieces ar very cheap, just $50 for cutting a sheet aproximatelly of 1500X2000X1 mm with small piece like this including the cost of the metal (ridicolous).
With this method i make some stuff like this special wrench made from 4 layer of steel tack together ;)
Attachments
IMG-20170530-WA0017.jpeg
IMG-20170530-WA0017.jpeg (55.77 KiB) Viewed 2053 times
IMG-20170530-WA0015.jpeg
IMG-20170530-WA0015.jpeg (52.56 KiB) Viewed 2053 times
Last edited by crimas on Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crimas wrote:this is the second i made, very super low cost spindle made from laser cut steel tig welded, three indipendent jaw for welding light things. The gear reducer is take from an old 12v door opener, very low speed :P
Inviato dal mio U FEEL utilizzando Tapatalk
Very nice, would like to see a video of this operating
Richard
Website

Here a short video of how it's working made on my garage, non a very professional welding table :mrgreen: , simple regolation of speed by a H0 train transformer with reverse switch, on the floor:
on the left there is the foot switch connected whit spindle motor (regulation of the speed with on/of on the pedal ), on the right the tig foot pedal, right hand tig torch, left hand filler rod and let start welding; and then say that welding aluminum is difficult, never try this :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by crimas on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Good deal, nothing like a successful DIY ;)
Richard
Website