What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Drunken Moose
    Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:53 am

These were done while I was in school back in the spring. Freehand plasma cutting (of course i drew on the design first, i'm not that talented lol). Just figured I'd share. They still need to go in a box with some translucent colored glass behind them and a light with switch (kinda like a bar sign). When that finally gets done, i'll post pics again. Elvis was for my dad, him being an Elvis fan . . . he has the plate, won't give it up, told me bring the box with light and all when it's done lol. The blues brothers . . . well, just cuz they are cool. That one needs a little fixing and touching up. The Elvis one I ended up taking the dremel to after just to smooth out lines and get some of those finer areas the plasma I was using in school couldn't do, but at point pic shown was taken that wasn't done yet. Had so many people that wanted to buy them when they were done, but these aren't for sale . . . Next purchase I think will be a plasma cutter lol.
Attachments
IMG_20160414_120009.jpg
IMG_20160414_120009.jpg (42.16 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
IMG_20160414_115957.jpg
IMG_20160414_115957.jpg (38.83 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

20150911_115754 (1).jpg
20150911_115754 (1).jpg (58.07 KiB) Viewed 1356 times
I have seen people get pretty creative with a plasma torch. These are two door plates I made for my buddies bar, Most of the cutting was free-hand. These are 400 series stainless. I am a bit rusty on my airbrush skills but my friend really liked them so that's all that matters. Sell whatever you can....helps pay for the tools...I mean toys.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Drunken Moose

Way to put me to shame, those are some nice pieces of work! Having my own plasma cutter is still I the future, but not far off. First is compressor and suitable size tank, on that I won't have to upgrade later if a need ever arises for air carbon arc. So many "tools" to buy, I'll need to sell some goods.

Did you cut those letters out as well? What material? Fine work. My airbrush skills are non-existent.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Drunken Moose wrote:Way to put me to shame, those are some nice pieces of work! Having my own plasma cutter is still I the future, but not far off. First is compressor and suitable size tank, on that I won't have to upgrade later if a need ever arises for air carbon arc. So many "tools" to buy, I'll need to sell some goods.

Did you cut those letters out as well? What material? Fine work. My airbrush skills are non-existent.
Lol...I didn't post to shame you, just to show what can be done with the torch. I hand cut everything. I hand cut a template for the horseshoe so I could make them both the same size but the letters I just drew onto a sheet of plate and started cutting, same with the horse.. fortunately he wanted them to be very rustic and he didn't care if they were the same. These were copied off of his lunch menu. All of this was 400 series stainless. It was a freakin nightmare to tig weld all these togther as the metal had a galvanized coating that I ground off but it was impregnated and every time I tried to weld it, that shit would jump onto my tungsten like a magnet and flash and spit and it just didn't want to weld.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Drunken Moose

No worries, I didn't take it as trying to shame me. You have experience and it shows, and be proud!

I've been around, and in my past (and present work) it has taught me to be thick skinned. Offending me is damn near impossible. Now i'm just a cranky middle aged bugger learning some new tricks and move on to the next part of life. About the only person who can offend me is myself.
Drunken Moose

Not sure if there is a thread of projects like this, but would love to see more of hand cut stuff if anybody has pics.
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Mcoe does some pretty dope work

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-