What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Saz
  • Saz
    Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:28 am

ex framie wrote: Try the Jim Beam 1795, fantastic.

Cheers
Never heard of Jim Beam 1795. Is it available outside the US?

Blanton's is my absolute favorite, along with Four Roses single barrel and Booker's in the next two. EVERYTHING I try gets compared to Blanton's, and it still remains my all time favorite. (Even compared to 16 and 23 year Pappy)
Lincoln MP210
Lincoln SW200
ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

Its definitely available in oz, but its around $170 for 700ml.
Its almost single malt scotch like in its smoothness.
Apart from Bookers, I haven't heard of the rest of your favourites, probably not brought into this country, which is strange as we seem to like a drink or 3 :D
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

ex framie wrote:Its definitely available in oz, but its around $170 for 700ml.
Its almost single malt scotch like in its smoothness.
Apart from Bookers, I haven't heard of the rest of your favourites, probably not brought into this country, which is strange as we seem to like a drink or 3 :D
I heard they let you make your own down under. Or is that New Zealand? I make my own and it's better than what I can buy in the store. I am not much of a whiskey drinker but my wife absolutely loves it and gave up store-bought for my stuff. At $15 dollars for 3 gallons of finished product, the price alone makes it taste good :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Yes you can buy kits, distill your own alchohol then add flavour essence from a little bottle you also buy to make whatever you want. Scotch, bourbon, rum etc. Apparently tastes good but to me its just flavoured metho. Not the real thing like cheap booze. I wouldn't touch it.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Coldman wrote:Yes you can buy kits, distill your own alchohol then add flavour essence from a little bottle you also buy to make whatever you want. Scotch, bourbon, rum etc. Apparently tastes good but to me its just flavoured metho. Not the real thing like cheap booze. I wouldn't touch it.
Hang on a sec, are you saying you have a problem with flavoured metho? Once you put one of those little umbrellas in it, it's actually pretty nice! :lol:

Kym
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

If I'm gonna drink metho no point trying to disguise it. Life is too short for cheap wine cheap beer and cheap spirits. For me there's a difference. Cheap stuff gets me angry and gives me a hangover. Good stuff gets me happy and no hangovers. I like being happy... :)
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Coldman wrote:If I'm gonna drink metho no point trying to disguise it. Life is too short for cheap wine cheap beer and cheap spirits. For me there's a difference. Cheap stuff gets me angry and gives me a hangover. Good stuff gets me happy and no hangovers. I like being happy... :)
With apologies to the OP I'm going to continue the threadjack for just one more post, since we're talking booze.

I had a pretty severe brain injury back in late 2011 but I got away with a lot and my recovery has been great. However just prior to the injury I was fast growing a love of decent red wine - Barossa shiraz in particular.

After the injury, even a couple years after, as much as an egg cup of red wine would destroy me - life wouldn't be worth living the next day. However...in just the last 3 months or so that seems to be changing and I'm now enjoying a glass now and then without any awful side effects. Neurosurgeon says this is normal and 'full' recovery (whatever that turns out to be) can take 5 or even 10 years.

I was kinda prepared never to drink again but I gotta say I'm really savouring it now. Another win!

Kym
    Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Hey Framie! Thanks for the props! Fortunately I'm not finding a need for the face mask with the portaband since I have that saw blade retention plate which works well but for grinding, especially with a wire wheel I learned the valuable use of a welding mask in grind mode and I'm all for buying the clear face splash/spark shield that was suggested since there's no tint.

Hey Kym! This is for learning, and whiskey is educational :D I'm sorry for the medical snafu since any trip to a doc is never fun especially when they gotta cut your skull open. Was that a racing crash? I wish I didn't drink often even if I do drink often. I can't deny life overall would probably be better without it but it's hard to trade off when a good glass of red wine or whiskey has so many positives (with so many more negatives). We all kill ourselves at our own pace in our own way, so might as well enjoy it ;)

Nailer! You make your own whiskey? That just perked my interest and looks like I've got more research to do.... Perhaps weld my own distiller ? You guys are full of all sorts of good/bad ideas :D

Never heard of that Jim Beam 1765 but I drink expensive whiskey almost as fast as I do cheap. JD and Jameson are what I go for when it comes to flavor/price. I'm not classy or responsible enough I guess ;)

This thread definitely got interesting and despite the jacking, I appreciate all the feed back even it wasn't related to my build :)
Lincoln Electric AC225
Everlast PowerPro Multi-Process TIG/Stick/Plasma 256Si
Everlast W300 WaterCooler
Optrel e684x1
22+ Year Security Engineer developing cool shit and stoppin hackers :)