What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
dfracker
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:58 pm

This is my first project with my tig welder. Figured it best to build a cart before I got into other projects. The main frame is very similar to a cart Jody built, but I modified and added a few things to his design. I wanted to incorporate a work space into the cart. The flip out section let me have a decent sized flat works space, but it folds down to fit nice in the corner of the garage.
Almost the whole cart is tig, with he exception of a few stick welds to hold the top on and the inside corners of the frame. I still have small stuff to do such as hangers for the cables and a tank chain but for the most part its done. Hope you guys like it. Keep in mind this is my first tig project so don't be too hard on my welds.

exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Nice work! Your welds look fine but I would suggest a little fuller on the lap welds for that thickness of metal but for a welding cart they will be fine. 8-)
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
dfracker

I just didn't use filler since they were just to hold the shelves and then I could save my wire. Plus its faster, at least for me at this point. Thank you for the comment and advice.
Saz
  • Saz
    Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:28 am

I like the cart, very cool idea with the fold up/down table extension!
Lincoln MP210
Lincoln SW200
dfracker

Thanks! Can't wait to try it out with the next project.
bosulli
    Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:40 am

Great job, and nice design. Wish my first project which was a welding cart, would have gone that well.
dfracker

I was pretty good at stick welding prior to starting tig so that helped me in some aspects.