What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
mdclerc
    Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:58 am

So, I recently purchased my first TIG welder, got the Everlast 160STH, and so I figured the best way to learn the "art" of TIG welding was to actually build something, so this is the result. Built like a Sherman tank, way over built, but it works. Certainly not a very good TIG welder, but I am rapidly approaching the "expert" level of grinding. . . maybe someday I'll get this TIG thing figured out.
1018161648.jpg
1018161648.jpg (81.56 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
1018161648a.jpg
1018161648a.jpg (77.05 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
1018161648b.jpg
1018161648b.jpg (62.09 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
Everlast 160STH
Lincoln AC225
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Looks good! I like the diamond deck, and I got a chuckle out of "expert level grinding."

Welcome to the forum. Do you mind me asking, what state are you? The red tile roof in the photo reminds me of Miami.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
mdclerc

Artie F. Emm wrote:Looks good! I like the diamond deck, and I got a chuckle out of "expert level grinding."

Welcome to the forum. Do you mind me asking, what state are you? The red tile roof in the photo reminds me of Miami.
I'm in Arizona, hence the desert landscape in the yard. Nothing grows in the desert don't you know. :lol:
Everlast 160STH
Lincoln AC225
    Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:36 am

Looks great! Especially for a first project. Every beginning welder grinds a lot, but it isn't nearly as integral the longer you're at it. As long as the weld is solid, it doesn't have to look pretty!

Good luck on future projects.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Fenders. Nice touch. Looks good.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Dang...them chains kinda look like titties :shock:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
mdclerc

Thank you all very much for the kind comments.

exnailpounder, that's funny, I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it.

Ryan_82, the welds are solid, just not as purdy as I'd like, after all, isn't that one of the attractions of TIG welding? It's certainly what got my interest piqued and got me started. It's coming along, but it sure isn't as easy as Jody makes it look on YouTube.
:P
Everlast 160STH
Lincoln AC225
    Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:36 am

mdclerc wrote:
Ryan_82, the welds are solid, just not as purdy as I'd like, after all, isn't that one of the attractions of TIG welding? It's certainly what got my interest piqued and got me started. It's coming along, but it sure isn't as easy as Jody makes it look on YouTube.
It'll come. Jody spent decades getting that muscle memory!
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

mdclerc wrote:Thank you all very much for the kind comments.

exnailpounder, that's funny, I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it.

I'm just goofin with you. Very nice work. It's nice to be able to do fun projects for yourself sometimes. I took the easy way out and bought a welding cart for my plasma cutter.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
rednation12
    Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:52 pm

do you have any specs like length width height of the cart you made ? thanks looks great