What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

motox wrote:i don't think you can ever "over engineer" a project.
every time i build something, when i am finished,
i always seem to find something i could have added
to make it better.
craig
Sir, you are correct! There is no substitute for having the tools or supplies you need at your fingertips. Why not make life easy?
PhillerTime
    Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:15 am

Looks great!
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

Nice one!

It doesn't seem over-engineer or inelegant to me, as its obviously designed to do exactly what you want and not much more or less. I might have even been tempted to put one more shelf above the units.

I like your choice of having the ability to put at least two units on the top shelf while also facing the same as the side-draw tool cabinent. I have a side-draw welding cabinent which mostly only allows for one larger unit to face forward, but my space is more limited.

I also like the vertical tendency shown. Vertical saves floor space.

And, of course, your choice of integrating some diamond plate (or/and expanded metal) into any project proves that your design accumen is superior to that of your peers. Ha, ha, ha... Not really, but its just a favorite material and choice of mine.

So, what are you going to do for a paint finish? I saw photos of cool custom cart recently with a Rustoleum "hammered" and somewhat two-color paint finish that was pretty cool. I think the guy even told me it was brushed on, surprisingly.
Last edited by C. Livingstone on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you all,
Christian Livingstone
www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast AC/DC 210EXT (2015)
CAT250D DC-TIG/Plasma Combo
welder1958
    Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Nice cart. I'm in the process of building one but mine won't be that elaborate. Not sure if I'll post any pictures of it because my welds suck for now. Still practicing..... haha
Rudy Ray
    Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Very nice cart, well thought out. I have a new machine coming and you sir have given me some really good ideas that I just might "borrow". The bottle ramp is ingenious. One question, where does the beer cooler go?
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Rudy Ray wrote:Very nice cart, well thought out. I have a new machine coming and you sir have given me some really good ideas that I just might "borrow". The bottle ramp is ingenious. One question, where does the beer cooler go?
You have to design your cart AROUND the beer cooler. I been kicking around how to build a beer cooler/tig cooler that could handle both jobs at once without the beer getting warm :?
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
pscampsr
    Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:27 am

All you need is a hoist to handle the gas bottles and a motor to push that big thing around... Other than that, it is really well built, the design is good and it will be something you can pass down to your grand children. I like it very much.
PSCampSr

America will be free until the electorate discovers that it can feed at the public trough.
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Nice, but you should have added a steel rack while you were at it. :D Seriously though, nice job. 8-)
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
Rudy Ray wrote:Very nice cart, well thought out. I have a new machine coming and you sir have given me some really good ideas that I just might "borrow". The bottle ramp is ingenious. One question, where does the beer cooler go?
You have to design your cart AROUND the beer cooler. I been kicking around how to build a beer cooler/tig cooler that could handle both jobs at once without the beer getting warm :?
Easy. Use the cooling coil of your TIG unit as the heat source for an ammonia-cycle refrigerator, like from an RV. The hotter/harder/faster you weld, the colder your beer gets!
8-)

Steve S
exnailpounder

Otto Nobedder wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:
Easy. Use the cooling coil of your TIG unit as the heat source for an ammonia-cycle refrigerator, like from an RV. The hotter/harder/faster you weld, the colder your beer gets!
8-)

Steve S
That I could probably do but ...where do I put the straw? :lol:
electrode

exnailpounder wrote: That I could probably do but ...where do I put the straw? :lol:
In your mouth! :D :P
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Beer and straws don't go togeather except in emergencies.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
exnailpounder

electrode wrote:
exnailpounder wrote: That I could probably do but ...where do I put the straw? :lol:
:lol: You got me there!.lol. Maybe to simplify things I can just weld up a bracket for my hood like those baseball helmets with the beer holders on the sides :lol: The first part of having a problem is admitting you have a problem so figuring out a beer delivery system would technically a 12 step program...right?? :lol:
electrode

exnailpounder wrote:
electrode wrote:
:lol: You got me there!.lol. Maybe to simplify things I can just weld up a bracket for my hood like those baseball helmets with the beer holders on the sides :lol: The first part of having a problem is admitting you have a problem so figuring out a beer delivery system would technically a 12 step program...right?? :lol:
Or just put the OP's cart on your helmet with a large cooler attached on the bottom shelf. :lol:
exnailpounder

:lol:
    Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:37 am

I'd build an aluminium 6 pack holder and lid on the side. Put a drain plug and hose on the bottom. And a salt dispenser/hopper over the top of it. Add six pack, water and some ice and drop a load of salt on top and you have a 3 minute emergency beer cooler.

AVE vid I saw yonks ago re salt and ice trick but was funny as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_lT-Fr1lKs

"So why do you have a 50 pound back of salt strapped to the side of your cart again?" Ahhha let me show ya. That's what I'd do :lol:
Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing... Oscar Wilde
electrode

Rupes wrote:I'd build an aluminium 6 pack holder and lid on the side. Put a drain plug and hose on the bottom. And a salt dispenser/hopper over the top of it. Add six pack, water and some ice and drop a load of salt on top and you have a 3 minute emergency beer cooler.

AVE vid I saw yonks ago re salt and ice trick but was funny as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_lT-Fr1lKs

"So why do you have a 50 pound back of salt strapped to the side of your cart again?" Ahhha let me show ya. That's what I'd do :lol:
:lol: Good trick to remember. We used to use salt for making home made ice cream in the old days.