What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Jimmyjohn wrote:My side work funds my tool investments. Start small but reinvest. If your 9-5 pays the bills then try to go out weekends and take on small jobs. Take the profit and put it in your tool fund. I started working in the car / light truck repair business out of high school and would hustle brake jobs on the weekends to fill my toolbox. Now I work in the site work construction business for my 9-5 but when I leave work I get in my service truck that i paid for doing side work and I go out and do side work. Recently I bought a ranger 250 and a sailor beall engine drive compressor used but in good shape. Now i can weld on site, run my plasma on site, air tools. Turn 1 into 2 , 2 into 5 ,5 into 10 and so on. Good luck and always be upfront and honest.
You're a rare bird. My hats off to you. You're on your way to bigger and better things with your positive attitude. 8-)
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

+1, great attitude, energy and determination.

You'll go far.

Kym
Jimmyjohn
    Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:03 pm

hey thanks for the kind words. Im no expert but I don't mind working hard to learn something new. And to Mikelove- With smaller welding repairs I seem to keep busy with the dump truck guys, asphalt chutes and tailgate locks are always breaking, floors wear out and the list goes on. The landscape guys are good too. Those guys never want to down a truck during the week when its out making money. If your willing to show up weekends they'll think your the best.