What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

That $200 kit is just some custom parts to connect up the fat diodes. I would stick with something you can get actual specs on.
I just think that 200 for the kit is a ripoff. I'm really just mad I didnt come up with the idea first :p that dude would make a killin if he would advertise in the right places.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
marshal
    Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:00 am

If you are looking for diodes to make the rectifier box from the site in a previous post you can look at the online electronic suppliers Such as Newark Electronics, Mouser, etc. They will sell to an indivigual and don't have minimums on the amount of an item you must buy unless they come in a package. The cost from them is very low so I would goto them for the selection, quality, one stop shopping. If you can not find a Diode with enough amperage capacity then you can hook them up in paralell or series I can't be sure which and their capacities are added. The volage should be well above what you anticipate will be the max they see for reliability can't get to high a voltage except as voltage rating goes up so does the price. Also be sure to get and use the thermal paste or grease when mounting the diodes to the heat sink as it makes the heat sink much more efficent in dissipating the diodes heat for long life as the fan only cools the heat sink so it is vital to get as much heat out of the diode into the heat sink. These companies are alsoa good source for components to repair other eqipment such as a tig powersource. A "Miller" mosfet $100 exact same general componet from mouser $24. Nothing against the manufacturers but money is really tight right now so ever bit helps.
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Awesome! just what i was lookin for! i long gave up on this project but now i might just have a reason to start it up again. :) Ill look through the site and see if i can find what we need.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
ogorir
    Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:04 pm

these aren't super cheap, but they should work: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vis ... Sfq3oes%3d

300a, 600v. $31