What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Bumblebee
    Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:39 pm

I built this from a EBay find of a Barnard Tig Cooler missing a lot of parts. I used the Tank Pump and Motor Assembly and the cooling unit is off a old R12 refrigeration walk in box that feed a water cooled Barnard Mig gun and I run Duel Shield Spray Arc it works like a dream. I send the water from the pump assembly to the gun and then cool the liquid in the radiator then dumps in to the tank. Might look like something out of Frankenstein lab but maybe I have $50.00 in the total build. :)
Attachments
Tig Cooler .JPG
Tig Cooler .JPG (49.55 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Nice! Well done.

Kym
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

I've heard it said "if it's stupid, but it works; it isn't stupid", but in this case, I think the corollary applies: "There's a certain kind of beauty to cheap and functional."

It may be rough, but working and cheap, you can't argue with that!
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.
Notapro
    Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:50 pm

Looks good. Function is more important. What is the fluid you used for the coolant?
Bumblebee
    Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:39 pm

Because it been moved to a large case outside I've filled it with RV antifreeze. The pink stuff cheep and from Wallymart. I have $50.00 in the cooler and $150.00 in the water cooled mig gun. I read all the post here and I can't see where I have a problem. My Miller Dynasty 200 Tig Runner I baby and use miller coolant. the cooler only use 1 gal. The Bernard is 6 gal.
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Score! The minimal investment is what makes DIY projects so fun. Why buy high dollar new stuff if you can source the inop stuff on ebay that someone else doesn't know how to/or care to fix. Good job and a useful piece of equipment. ;)
PhillerTime
    Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:15 am

That's awesome!