What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Hey, I don't know if anyone remembers me, but i'm checking in.

This was a Job I worked on off and on this summer. Me and two fitters.
Lotta 12 hour days, just welding.
They would get everything fit up and I would just weld.

Used all kinds of equipment, from a bobcat 225, LN25 with fluxcore, Sa200 blackface, and A SAM400 detriot for running 1/16" and 5/64" fluxcore.

Lotta big pipe, I beams, Sheets of 1/2" plate, channel, 12" square tubing.

Burned about 500lbs of 7018, and a few spools of fluxcore (33lb)

Decided, since there's over 300 phot0s, to put them in a slideshow.

Hope you enjoy.

~John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlF8KYMs13E
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

And just to assure you all that there is substance in that 20 minute slideshow, here's a few pictures.

Hope everyone had a great summer.
And didn't celebrate to hard Nov 9th 8-) 8-) :D :D
Merry Christmas

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

John -

Sure we remember you...you're the guy who spends his time making really, really BIG stuff! And it has finally happened...too much, too big to post in the regular fashion. You're gonna break the internet if you keep this up, you know that, right?

That is one mega job. Had a good look. You must have burned a truckload of rods on that one. My only complaint is that I didn't see much scenery, but that is quite possibly because the job was big enough to block most of it out.

Well done. You certainly know how to get stuck in.

Kym
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Really good to see you back here John - miss your epic photo documentary posts & great scenery.

That's a big project you got into this time - step up from the usual smaller farm repairs - hope they're paying you well for your super good looking welding - nice to see something like that coming together from what looks like mostly recycled material - only big piece they got appears to be an upper shaker deck from another plant - so do you hope to have the wash plant finished before winter ? any chance if it stays local to you we could see a video of it up and running pay ? projects like this restore faith that there are real guys still out in the field doing great work building something that will work & last as there was a recent bit depressing post about the state of your country & peoples attitudes to work & ability to do something other than shuffle papers in an office or flip burgers badly - kinda reminded me of the film idiocracy !

All the best.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Missed you being around John! Always a pleasure to see what you've gotten yourself into up there in Gods country. I didn't celebrate on Nov.9 because I still couldn't believe it but I have celebrated every day since. Good to hear from you again!
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

Nice to have you back, John. Been missing your projects...and that great Alaskan scenery. Headed over to YouTube now for the slide show.

Larry
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

No mountains! :cry:
Your Alaska? :?
Big country, big stuff. :D
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

That looks like a big task. It must have been challenging but rewarding to build all of that stuff. I hope that they find lots of gold to pay for all of the materials and labor for the machinery. Another job well done as usual.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

John,

Glad you're back, and glad your absence was due to being busy. Busy is a good problem to have.
I'll check that slideshow out.

Steve S

MosquitoMoto wrote:John -

Sure we remember you...you're the guy who spends his time making really, really BIG stuff! And it has finally happened...too much, too big to post in the regular fashion. You're gonna break the internet if you keep this up, you know that, right?

That is one mega job. Had a good look. You must have burned a truckload of rods on that one. My only complaint is that I didn't see much scenery, but that is quite possibly because the job was big enough to block most of it out.

Well done. You certainly know how to get stuck in.

Kym
Thank you.
biggest stuff I've built.

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

noddybrian wrote:Really good to see you back here John - miss your epic photo documentary posts & great scenery.

That's a big project you got into this time - step up from the usual smaller farm repairs - hope they're paying you well for your super good looking welding - nice to see something like that coming together from what looks like mostly recycled material - only big piece they got appears to be an upper shaker deck from another plant - so do you hope to have the wash plant finished before winter ? any chance if it stays local to you we could see a video of it up and running pay ? projects like this restore faith that there are real guys still out in the field doing great work building something that will work & last as there was a recent bit depressing post about the state of your country & peoples attitudes to work & ability to do something other than shuffle papers in an office or flip burgers badly - kinda reminded me of the film idiocracy !

All the best.

They will have it setup by spring.
there's more welding that will have to be done, joining these pieces together, and making that hopper bigger.
I'ts all getting hauled to a remote mine. Don't know if I'll get to see it again.

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

exnailpounder wrote:Missed you being around John! Always a pleasure to see what you've gotten yourself into up there in Gods country. I didn't celebrate on Nov.9 because I still couldn't believe it but I have celebrated every day since. Good to hear from you again!

Thanks man.

Merry Christmas

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

rick9345 wrote:No mountains! :cry:
Your Alaska? :?
Big country, big stuff. :D

I'll get some mountains for you.

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

ldbtx wrote:Nice to have you back, John. Been missing your projects...and that great Alaskan scenery. Headed over to YouTube now for the slide show.

Larry

Thanks.

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

paul_s wrote:That looks like a big task. It must have been challenging but rewarding to build all of that stuff. I hope that they find lots of gold to pay for all of the materials and labor for the machinery. Another job well done as usual.

Yes, it got very tiring.

Thank you.

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Otto Nobedder wrote:John,

Glad you're back, and glad your absence was due to being busy. Busy is a good problem to have.
I'll check that slideshow out.

Steve S
Thanks Steve.
Hope you've been well :)

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
jroark
    Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:39 pm

Also missed your great posts John. How's that Ranger 8?

jroark wrote:Also missed your great posts John. How's that Ranger 8?

Haven't started it for a while.
Has a new battery and amsoil in the engine tho. :)

Trump/Carson 2016-2024