What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Chuck
    Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Looking for a weekend project? Here's a Christmas tree stand that should never tip over on your wife.
Attachments
IMG_1495.JPG
IMG_1495.JPG (49.04 KiB) Viewed 1385 times
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

That might even thwart the cat!

Nice job, and a good suggestion for some of our beginners looking for that first practical project. After all, if it came out looking rough, you could throw a skirt over it. :D

Steve S
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Know if you had more time you could have built a redo our tank and a pipeline that feeds into it so all you do is crack the valve once a day and fill it up out of a large tank.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Farmwelding wrote:Know if you had more time you could have built a redo our tank and a pipeline that feeds into it so all you do is crack the valve once a day and fill it up out of a large tank.
Or put a float valve in the small tank so it replenishes as needed... :D
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Looks good! I've suggested that I could build one, but I keep getting shot down because she suspects it wouldn't be decorative enough.

Otto Nobedder wrote:looking for that first practical project.
Reminder to anyone that builds one, the weld along the bottom needs to hold water!
Dave
aka "RTFM"
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Artie F. Emm wrote:Looks good! I've suggested that I could build one, but I keep getting shot down because she suspects it wouldn't be decorative enough.

Otto Nobedder wrote:looking for that first practical project.
Reminder to anyone that builds one, the weld along the bottom needs to hold water!
If I built one, my wife would be afraid it would fall through the floor. I've built her a few things and she always comments on "how heavy it is" 8-)
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

exnailpounder wrote:If I built one, my wife would be afraid it would fall through the floor. I've built her a few things and she always comments on "how heavy it is" 8-)
Jeff, you just need to build a platform to support, and spread out the load, and while you're at it make a lazy suzan rotating thing for the tree to spin on :lol:

(oh and we want a video too)
Richard
Website
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

\
LtBadd wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:If I built one, my wife would be afraid it would fall through the floor. I've built her a few things and she always comments on "how heavy it is" 8-)
Jeff, you just need to build a platform to support, and spread out the load, and while you're at it make a lazy suzan rotating thing for the tree to spin on :lol:

:lol: As much as I am a do-it-yourselfer I am at the point in my life where I just go to the freakin store and save rod and gas.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

exnailpounder wrote:\
LtBadd wrote:

:lol: As much as I am a do-it-yourselfer I am at the point in my life where I just go to the freakin store and save rod and gas.
There are quite a few things that should be that way. If you can save time and money by going to he store and its quality go to the store.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

2 words..

Artificial Tree :mrgreen: :mrgreen: joking

I made one years ago that held up well but made the pipe too small. Finally bought a big ass plastic one that holds like 2 gallons of water and a big trunk tree, might rival the Griswolds at times.
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

At least this thread-jack is in the holiday spirit!

:lol:

Steve S