What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Seniorsparks
    Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:13 am

Would appreciate any recommendations, as I am standing up with my arm hanging straight down my wrist is 36 inches off the ground I am 6 feet tall, table would be mostly use for Meg welding and stick would appreciate any recommendations on the height of the table . I have the table 80% done just getting ready to cut the legs and put casters on I am using the very large scaffolding casters and on one side of the table in the middle I am putting a Handcrank trailer Jack That I can use to stabilize the table on uneven ground and also level it.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Depends on if you are standing or like to sit at your table. Another variable is if you do mostly flat work or small parts. If so then you might like it higher. I have one table at 38" that I use most. But I have a pedestal with a vice on top that's more like 48". I also have a small table that's about 30" for large stuff or things that are just too heavy to lift higher.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

i build me tables so when i standing and i bend my
arms at the elbows to 90 degrees my hands are slightly
above the table..
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

I have 2 steel welding tables-1-5x3 and 1-6x3-both about 3ft high. All my work tables have wheels - 2 caster and 2 fixed. At 5-10 this height works well for me. One consideration may be the clearance under the bottom shelf if you are going to have one. In my case this is a hobby and I mostly work by myself. Some times I work with very heavy projects -several hundreds of pounds. I use a 2 ton engine/shop hoist to handle them and need clearance under the shelf for the hoist legs to be able to load or unload said project. The leveling jack is interesting -hope it works out. :P