What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Bill w
    Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:12 am

Working on a project for a guy thought I would post some pics. This jeep was in an accident and the bed was beyond repair so he has decided he wants a custom bed. So I'm build military style bed. This truck serves as a kind of dual sport. It drives as a daily and does the trails in the weekends. So it had to have a bed that woked well with both. I will be posting more pics as this goes along.
Attachments
0103171710.jpg
0103171710.jpg (36.63 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Nice work! How do you car guys find people with money to spend? :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Bill w

It's hard most of the cars guys I deal with have to make payments lol. I'll make anything somebody wants. Just seams like a lot of stuff coming along these days are car related. I just put the entire front end back together on this ford and rebuilt the bumper. The left side was completely sheared off in the crash so I had to remake that part and added the prerunner bar and painted it in a hard texture coat black.
Attachments
1201161535.jpg
1201161535.jpg (48.76 KiB) Viewed 1625 times
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

Nice work, dude!
Peace be with you all,
Christian Livingstone
www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast AC/DC 210EXT (2015)
CAT250D DC-TIG/Plasma Combo
Bill w

Shot I took today. I may slice and open the fenders up more. Still have to add the side steps and cut the back half of the fender. Then it's not to the other side.
Attachments
0104171049.jpg
0104171049.jpg (53.33 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
exnailpounder

Very cool....can't wait to see it finished. I am getting lots of ideas here.
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

I like it! :)

Have you got a free Square Card Reader yet? I got one since a lot of people can't pay with cash, but do have a credit card :D
Bill w wrote:It's hard most of the cars guys I deal with have to make payments lol.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Bill w

MinnesotaDave wrote:I like it! :)

Have you got a free Square Card Reader yet? I got one since a lot of people can't pay with cash, but do have a credit card :D
Bill w wrote:It's hard most of the cars guys I deal with have to make payments lol.
It's funny you ask that. My wife and I also own a daycare center and she just got a card reader for her iPhone. It's handy lol. The looks you get when someone stops by and says I forgot to bring that cash I owe you and you whip out the card reader lol.
Bill w

exnailpounder wrote:Very cool....can't wait to see it finished. I am getting lots of ideas here.
Just wait till you see the bed I have to build for a ford f350. It's a welding rig truck so it's getting all kinds of things put into that.
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Bill w wrote:
MinnesotaDave wrote:I like it! :)

It's funny you ask that. My wife and I also own a daycare center and she just got a card reader for her iPhone. It's handy lol. The looks you get when someone stops by and says I forgot to bring that cash I owe you and you whip out the card reader lol.
Yep, pretty darn handy :)
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Bill w

Yes sir.
Bill w

Little more work done tonight. Final fender trim and step frame made and welded on.
Attachments
0112171647a.jpg
0112171647a.jpg (41.83 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
exnailpounder

Bill are you going to skin the outside of the bed? I can't wait to see it done....hurry up :lol:
Bill w

No this is how the bed will look no outside skins. It will have a built in tool box and a rack that will lock in on top. The bed will have the box fuel cell and spare tire the rack will be for carrying camping gear because the bed is pretty full. The idea of the bed was based on this pic.

And trust me I want this done faster than you do I have an scca car coming next for a full cage.
Attachments
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg (50.37 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
exnailpounder

Very cool! Can't wait to see it done. Nice work!