What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:38 pm

exnailpounder wrote:Somebodies been practicing aluminum welding. I see that big chunk of practice laying on the floor near your cycle lift. We are shop snoopers here...you've been warned :lol:
A lot of practise :-) and lots to learn...
Sent from my Commodore 64
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

EtronX wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:Somebodies been practicing aluminum welding. I see that big chunk of practice laying on the floor near your cycle lift. We are shop snoopers here...you've been warned :lol:
It looks like you are well on your way there my friend. You have some nice toys to play with.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

Just a thought. Any solid fixtures that I have built ( work stands -stoves etc. ) with 4 legs I put 2 leveler screws on one side at the feet. With a solid structure no matter how accurate you build it the floor under is seldom perfect. That way if you move your saw around a quick turn of a bolt will fix any wobble. Also as was mentioned -wheels are a marvelous tool. All my movable fixtures have wheels and its easy to reconfigure the shop for whatever project your working on. :idea:

exnailpounder wrote:
EtronX wrote:
It looks like you are well on your way there my friend. You have some nice toys to play with.
Thank you, exnailpounder :-) I am having a lot of fun. Tried on some Stanley blades today. The one to the left is the first try. Second on the right.

homeboy wrote:Just a thought. Any solid fixtures that I have built ( work stands -stoves etc. ) with 4 legs I put 2 leveler screws on one side at the feet. With a solid structure no matter how accurate you build it the floor under is seldom perfect. That way if you move your saw around a quick turn of a bolt will fix any wobble. Also as was mentioned -wheels are a marvelous tool. All my movable fixtures have wheels and its easy to reconfigure the shop for whatever project your working on. :idea:
I was thinking about putting some leveler screws in, but the material in the square tubing is pretty thin. I also thought about welding in some small nuts for adjustments, but also disregarded that due to the size of screw that would fit inside.

The band saw will have its own place in the garage. I don`t think I will be moving it around much. Maybe some wheels after a while. Time will show.

exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

You must have some good eyes to weld that small...or a good cheater in your hood. For just getting your wings you're doing a fine job. One day you will look back and wonder what is so hard about it.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

exnailpounder wrote:You must have some good eyes to weld that small...or a good cheater in your hood. For just getting your wings you're doing a fine job. One day you will look back and wonder what is so hard about it.
+2.5 on the nose :-)
Rudy Ray
    Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Nice work for your first job, you built a mighty fine piece.

With your base now being open it would be a breeze to add a coolant system to your saw, your blades will last 2x as long or more.

A 115Vac sump pump, 5 gallon bucket, window screen, rubber hose, and galvi sheet metal to make a catch pan.

Rudy Ray wrote:Nice work for your first job, you built a mighty fine piece.

With your base now being open it would be a breeze to add a coolant system to your saw, your blades will last 2x as long or more.

A 115Vac sump pump, 5 gallon bucket, window screen, rubber hose, and galvi sheet metal to make a catch pan.
Thanks for the advise. I might do this. The parts I am cutting gets pretty warm.