What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

I always grind and plasma cut outside to keep the dust and fumes out if the garage. Problem is it sucks in the winter so i decided to try and build a downdraft table. I had most of the metal needed except for the .080" aluminum for the sides and some small angle......that i got from work. I used a furnace blower motor. I added a drawer at the bottom and a backsplash. The slats are replaceable. Works well.

Last edited by rahtreelimbs on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Turned out nice. That is one hell of a fan/suction device.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
PhillerTime
    Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:15 am

rahtreelimbs wrote:I always grind and plasma cut outside to keep the dust and fumes out if the garage. Problem is it sucks in the winter so i decided to try and build a downdraft table. I had most of the metal needed except for the .080" aluminum for the sides and some small angle......that i got from work. I used a furnace blower motor. I added a drawer at the bottom and a backsplash. The slats are replaceable. Works well.

Looks great!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Looks great and you definitely used a capable blower for the project. :D
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

electrode wrote:Looks great and you definitely used a capable blower for the project. :D

Blower motors from a furnace are pretty easy to get. A phone call to a friend eho knew someone in HVAC got me 2 of them for free. It's usually the heat exchanger that goes before the motor.
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

rahtreelimbs wrote:
electrode wrote:Looks great and you definitely used a capable blower for the project. :D

Blower motors from a furnace are pretty easy to get. A phone call to a friend eho knew someone in HVAC got me 2 of them for free. It's usually the heat exchanger that goes before the motor.
I know. That's why I like them and use them too. I have one on my exhaust fan on my welding table and one of my exhaust fan on my powder coat spray booth. :D Cheap or FREE.
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Nice work Rich.