What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Gunner
    Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:23 am

Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Nice job. You build the splitter too?
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Gunner
    Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:23 am

Yeah, i even built the hyd. tank.I built the splitter about 7 years ago and always wanted a lift.
my back won't let me lift the billets anymore.
I'm just learning how to use the forum and post pictures
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Gunner wrote:Yeah, i even built the hyd. tank.I built the splitter about 7 years ago and always wanted a lift.
my back won't let me lift the billets anymore.
I'm just learning how to use the forum and post pictures
Nice job. That will give your back a break. :D
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

I have bought a couple unfinished ones and finished them but never had a log lifter. I could use one. I have heated with wood for the last 7 years and I enjoy the whole process but my back is asking me to quit.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
JFF45
    Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:13 pm

The easy solution to saving your back is to have your splitter pivot to the upright position so you don't need to lift the logs.
I'm 71 and I split my own wood by myself each year with mine.
John
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

To me flipping the log splitter has always been a pain. It never seems to work well. Another solution is to hire a guy like me real cheap to lift the logs for you. That's how I make my profit when I'm not farming or dealing Christmas trees. I also don't know if swinging a sledge or a maul is any better for you but if you are splitting easy stuff I at least will split it in half to limit my burden.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick